Kraton Shock oil + diff fluid

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey everyone there seems to be a lot of stuff already posted but I wanted to personally ask. Which shock oil and diff fluid would be best to run in my kraton 6s V4? I have a couple ramps built and that is what I am into is getting big air. I run on a track sometimes but its mostly jumping and a but of medium bashing. While I am at it upgrading shock systems and springs anyone have some that are better than others or a system that would suit me jumping so much? All my issues have been fixed here and I am gonna go premium as this place is awesome and all the people are very helpful!! Cheers everyone!

Hey everyone there seems to be a lot of stuff already posted but I wanted to personally ask. Which shock oil and diff fluid would be best to run in my kraton 6s V4? I have a couple ramps built and that is what I am into is getting big air. I run on a track sometimes but its mostly jumping and a but of medium bashing. While I am at it upgrading shock systems and springs anyone have some that are better than others or a system that would suit me jumping so much? All my issues have been fixed here and I am gonna go premium as this place is awesome and all the people are very helpful!! Cheers everyone!
Associated seems to be the most commonly used brand for both. They offer a great variety of viscosity for both types. I know Losi has their own line too, but harder to find.

Im running Associated 80W and Tekno orange springs on all 4 corners....big jumps and bash racing.

Edit-forgot about the diff set up- Associated 60-500-60 14-16T pinion depending on how hot it is.

Last edited:
Tune it how you like it ? I run and jump mine on short and smooth grass, so for my Noto shocks I've used 3000 cSt front, 2000 cSt rear and wound the shock collars down

For general bashing, people often use diff oil setups around 30-100k front, 200-500k centre and 10-30k rear. This will all differ to tyres, driving style, and the terrain you're running on

Tune it how you like it ? I run and jump mine on short and smooth grass, so for my Noto shocks I've used 3000 cSt front, 2000 cSt rear and wound the shock collars down

For general bashing, people often use diff oil setups around 30-100k front, 200-500k centre and 10-30k rear. This will all differ to tyres, driving style, and the terrain you're running on

Ya i am jumping into grass as well. I wanna get my in air controlling down before I start jumping in dirt. My diffs were fine when I first got the truck so not sure if its good to change fluid now or wait till there's an issue. I have broken one rod end but reading up in it I had mr drops set really wrong so hopefully with them set right i won't have too many issues.

I have a slightly related question: what is the cost to weight ratio? Like, is it 1000cst per unit weight or 20cst per unit of weight or something there of?

I have a slightly related question: what is the cost to weight ratio? Like, is it 1000cst per unit weight or 20cst per unit of weight or something there of?

It varies manufacturer to manufacturer. Wt. is kind of a made up unit, where as cst is well defined by the standards organizations.

1w-13cst for thinner oils. Thicker oils are the same.

433F0D90-1F41-4017-98B9-A914B1A079A1.jpeg

Thats TRUE! I could tell between stock diff fluid and 60-500-60. When initially making changes go drastic to see the ends of the spectrum, then dial it in. I didnt like 30-500-60 but like the heavier fluid in the front for some reason.

I was always advised to buy a brand and stick with it, the reason being is that different brands vary their weights.
Example: go look at TLR vs TA their weights are the same but different..??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back