Mojave Looking for the best 8s set up...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello all, am looking to go 8S on my Mojave, max 5 set up, but what KV motor?

Bashing only!

thanks
I don’t recommend the Mojave on 8s. Not even the exb. The reason is the diffs/cups/pins cannot support the power and weight. Speed running maybe but not the best for bashing in my opinion. I have a v1 Mojave xlx2 1100kv for speed runs and the mmx8s 1650 in my MEXB for bashing and it’s more than enough powa!!

I want to say the Hw Max6/4985 1650kv on 8s is decent. Most bashers run that on 6s. I have no feedback yet on how it performs as a basher on 8s. I ran mine in a Senton set up for the road. As I write this, I'm currently putting that combo in my 1/8 Outcast that's strictly a basher and should know something tomorrow

I've never had a problem with diff cups or diffs running on 8s. I don't think it's needed for off road though. You could get a nice 8s capable motor and gear it high for 6s. if you really wanna do 8s check out that castle 1724 1250kv motor or the 1717 1650kv castle motor. Even the new hw 5690 1250kv? would be interesting.

4985 can’t handle 8S according to Hobbywing

1721 1260kv

Close 🤣
Don't believe it. Not only will it handle 8s, it gave me 129mph on a 1/8 Senton platform with a GT body.
Here is, not only is the Max6 combo powered on 8s, she's stupidly geared 34/40(5 fans to keep that cool). HW just doesn't recommend it.

Don't believe it. Not only will it handle 8s, it gave me 129mph on a 1/8 Senton platform with a GT body.
Here is, not only is the Max6 combo powered on 8s, she's stupidly geared 34/40(5 fans to keep that cool). HW just doesn't recommend it.

I've also had good experience running it on 8s but I changed the bearings to boca for piece of mind 🤣

So last night I learned the Outcast may share the same chassis as my Senton but it's width is alot narrower. Could not mount the esc in the same spot it was on the Senton. Wanted to due a T2T brace/mount but never had any leftover CF plate long enough. So I just made a mounting plate to add on to the center tower. Also going to have to run this 6s until I change connectors as myn4s batteries have QS8s.
20230903_174029.jpg
20230903_174012.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back