Granite Shocks design fail?! Granite 4x4 4S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrzen215

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
First day bashing at the local park, battery strap snapped and blew both first and rear shocks, pin popped off the shock base ??‍♂️, would’ve last longer if it was a “screw-on” type, ArRmA ToUgH they said?, anyone else experience this? Btw this is a brand new granite that I just bought yesterday, not some old beater

CBE5903F-2AC9-433D-A35C-32743EA7B1AF.jpeg
A524534C-F33A-48C6-94C1-B77F43C5E4C2.jpeg
38717F90-A1E2-4C0E-9C41-C030D6CF1DE6.jpeg

Last edited:
Never seen a strap fail like that but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Are you using the longer straps or the stock granite ones still? The 4s line has longer ones. Might be helpful?

Never seen a strap fail like that but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible. Are you using the longer straps or the stock granite ones still? The 4s line has longer ones. Might be helpful?

me either, and the jump was only 5 ft high, I was surprised how many things broke ??‍♂️

thanks for the input but I don’t think length would help, I might get wider ones

I did a full throttle run on 3s to a 45 degree ramp on grass it went like 20+ feet in the air and i was surprised the only thing broke was the rear a arm Arrma tought this time. I replaced it with rpm rear a arms.

Are you running 4S electronics and batteries?

4s electronics but 3s battery just to see the difference
I did a full throttle run on 3s to a 45 degree ramp on grass it went like 20+ feet in the air and i was surprised the only thing broke was the rear a arm Arrma tought this time. I replaced it with rpm rear a arms.
That’s lucky ?
That’s more damage than I’ve ever seen from a 5 ft jump ??
Tell me about it, my tamiya buggies would’ve have no problem

Wow! I thought the chassis would break in half before one of those straps gets torn apart. I suppose the stars aligned (in the worst way) for that crash.

Sorry about the damage to the new truck, hope you get it fixed quickly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back