Kraton Short run time! Kraton 8S EXB

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are the new EXB cars! They were a blast today! Thanks for all the tips, found out I need rear mud guards. Bought some RPM ones at hobby shop but didn’t fit. Any suggestions?

IMG_6835.jpeg

Here are the new EXB cars! They were a blast today! Thanks for all the tips, found out I need rear mud guards. Bought some RPM ones at hobby shop but didn’t fit. Any suggestions?

View attachment 339460
You can use some zip ties (might have to make some holes in the guards). The RPM ones are made to fit the RPM arms.

You can also 3dprint them or make some from lexan, kydex, laundry/dishwasher detergent jugs. 😀

Last edited:

View attachment 339460
I believe there are several brands out there for purchase, 3d printables as well. A couple years ago I made a bunch of my own from polycarbonate sheets. I think it was 1/8", worked well but didn't last. Too brittle, rocks did them in. I think the Kydex or maybe nylon, possibly HDPE would be better suited.I just took off what was left of the broken pieces and gave up on the idea, LOL.

Don't give up Rick - it's work but once you're able to go full-throttle (GPS 60MPH) for almost 20 mins and not overheat - it is worth the journey.

This is what I experienced with mine the first time using it with the Spektrum 160A / 1250kv combo. It was so hot after going through about half of the battery (x2 9500mA 4S at the time) I couldn't drive it.

It was SOO far from "working", I knew a major change was needed for reliable and continuous use...

My solution was to switch everything to marine variants of the ESC / Motor and move to x2 11Ahr batteries.

Screenshot 2023-12-30 080554.png

The rc does it roll (friction less) when you push it?
Nothing in the drive train is stiff so it moves with Heavy resistance.

I get about 20 minutes runtime with the same batteries and KV motor but I use Castle electronics. That brings them down to storage voltage. 3.8 volts per cell
im going to run castle xlx2 esc and 2028 800kv motor. i have 4s smc 5500 and 6500 150c batteries around how much run time should i get

im going to run castle xlx2 esc and 2028 800kv motor. i have 4s smc 5500 and 6500 150c batteries around how much run time should i get
Those are small batteries for these trucks. I’d expect 10-15 minutes depending on how you drive.

I realized when I ordered them that they might be too small for the k8 but I can run them on v2 limitless short speed runs. I’m looking to order some 8k-10k mah lipos thanks for
Your input I appreciate it brother

I realized when I ordered them that they might be too small for the k8 but I can run them on v2 limitless short speed runs. I’m looking to order some 8k-10k mah lipos thanks for
Your input I appreciate it brother
I use the CHLN 9500mah and they are perfect. Good run time and really powerful!

Back