Typhon Skid Plate for Typhon S6 V5

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone make a Front and Rear Skid Plate for a Typhon S6 V5?
Unfortunately I haven’t seen any specific to the new V5 chassis redesign.. the best solution I could see would be to use these two part numbers and to trim to fit?

ARA320540
ARA320546

these are from the Mojave and would for sure need trimming to fit. But I can’t really see any other options for a typhon. There is always the Kraton EXB front bumper that would fit... just a little large for the typhon?

you could also just get the RPM for the V4’s and carefully trim out the diff hump spot.

??‍♂️
87B64EB5-5D26-4021-9928-309CFEDF1143.png
19A16A6A-9EB9-4601-84F1-C5BE59AB32A8.png

No not yet, Buy RPM or T-bone and trim to fit, is your best option @ this point.

Based on Arrma website the kraton exb front bumper will be compatible. Granted I'm still not sure how. And I'll double check but I think a rear wheelie bumper is available according to that website

I just bought these for my V5 Typhon 6S (according to the Arrma optional parts section, they do fit):

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320573

https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/AR320366

I can see that the wheelie bar must just replace the two wing posts that come on the stock wing mount.

But for the bumper, it's less clear how that fits. Doesn't come with any hardware at all and I'm not sure if stock bolts will work... Will have to sit down with my car and work it through... If anyone else has any experience with fitting this to a V5 Typhon 6S, I'd be grateful for some tips!

But for the bumper, it's less clear how that fits. Doesn't come with any hardware at all and I'm not sure if stock bolts will work... Will have to sit down with my car and work it through... If anyone else has any experience with fitting this to a V5 Typhon 6S, I'd be grateful for some tips!
Yes. i've fitted that bumper onto a Typhon. You need some hardware. the 2 bolts that hold it form the bottom need to be 2mm longer than what you currently have, and you need some 4m bolts for the front part.

Take a look at the Kraton EXB exploded view to see what you need.

As mentioned the Super Basher Front Bumper does fit the Typhon S6 V5 but does not come with hardware https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320573
You will need 7 additional screws (outlined in blue) which I sourced from my collection of screws I picked up from Jennys RC https://jennysrc.com/collections/notorious-v6-blx-ara8606v5

The two 12mm screws (stock) marked in red I replaced with two 16mm screws for better fit

20201223_091814_LI.jpg

20201223_091836_LI.jpg

20201223_091836_LI (2).jpg

The RPM Rear Skid Plate #81442 does not fit the Typhon S6 V5

An earlier post suggested to try to trim the skid plate but the material in the location that needs to be trimmed is too thin

I'm still on the hunt for a rear skid plate/rear bumper

20201212_164621.jpg

Last edited:
Yes. i've fitted that bumper onto a Typhon. You need some hardware. the 2 bolts that hold it form the bottom need to be 2mm longer than what you currently have, and you need some 4m bolts for the front part.

Take a look at the Kraton EXB exploded view to see what you need.
Thanks mate, good advice and good idea to look at the Kraton EXB exploded view (y)
As mentioned the Super Basher Front Bumper does fit the Typhon S6 V5 but does not come with hardware https://www.arrma-rc.com/part/ARA320573
You will need 7 additional screws (outlined in blue) which I sourced from my collection of screws I picked up from Jennys RC https://jennysrc.com/collections/notorious-v6-blx-ara8606v5

I was able to reuse the 2 screws that attach to the chassis (outlined in red)

View attachment 115419

View attachment 115420

View attachment 115421
The RPM Rear Skid Plate #81442 does not fit the Typhon S6 V5

An earlier post suggested to try to trim the skid plate but the material in the location that needs to be trimmed is too thin

I'm still on the hunt for a rear skid plate/rear bumper

Thanks brother! Excellent info and super-clear guidance. (y)(y):D

I reckon I'll just buy a bunch of hardware to stock the parts bin for the future - I'm sure I'll need it...

Also still on the lookout for a rear skidplate/bumper that fits around the Typhon 6S V5 redesigned chassis (with 3D-forming for rigidity). I'm checking all the usual aftermarket suspects on this and will report back if I find anything...

Last edited:
I've only have the Super Basher Front Bumper on for 2 runs

Day 1 was street only and I did not hit anything but it did help between the street and driveway aprons

Day 2 was off road, hit a metal pole at low speed and the car bounced off the pole, no damage, other than that it helped me plow over as opposed to into some mole hills

20201224_123315.jpg

20201224_123323.jpg

20201224_123349.jpg

20201224_123412.jpg

20201224_123923.jpg

20201224_123941.jpg

20201224_124004.jpg

Day 1 was street only and I did not hit anything but it did help between the street and driveway aprons

Day 2 was off road, hit a metal pole at low speed and the car bounced off the pole, no damage, other than that it helped me plow over as opposed to into some mole hills

View attachment 115592

View attachment 115593

View attachment 115594

View attachment 115595

View attachment 115596

View attachment 115597

View attachment 115598
Nice! Looks extremely well-protected. I ordered the Jenny's RC hardware set for the Typhon V5, but that's going to take a while to arrive (shipping US to Australia).

In the meantime I've been trawling the local hobby shops looking for the hardware I need for the bumper. I was only able to get some of what I needed, so I'm going to have to order more parts from a closer source! Gotta hate the wait!

Enjoy :)

View attachment 115592

View attachment 115593

View attachment 115594

View attachment 115595

View attachment 115596

View attachment 115597

View attachment 115598
I'm guessing it clears the tires no problem? I definitely like the look and it has held up on my kraton exb still to date.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back