Sky diving enthusiasts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny b

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 3s
  2. Typhon 3s
I live within a 1/2 mile of Deland Skydive. At any given time I can look up while standing in my yard or walking the dogs and see the sky full of jumpers. My girl and I lay in the pool and watch the chutes open above us. We often ride the bikes there with the pups as you can sit right outside and watch them load up on the planes and also land right in front of you. 2 planes run all day long about every 20 minutes. A very famous sky diver instructor by the name of Carl Daughtery collided mid air with another jumper and died. He was in his 70's and had just logged over 20,000 yes 20 thousand jumps. Did not know him personally but he would always acknowledge and say hello to us as we were frequent patrons. You never know... Here's some picks taken yesterday if anyone cares. Family pic taken last year with the pups.

IMG_20230111_154314323_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_154319748.jpg

IMG_20230111_155044641_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_155057464_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_160753582_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230112_102710791_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_155107482.jpg

IMG_20230111_155153692_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_155218218_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230111_160608661.jpg

I just don't have the balls to pull that off anymore. Enjoy that sport when you are young and Daring. I can only imagine the adrenaline rush. (y)

that's what I'm talking about. Get me to 10,000ft and lets jump 30,00ft if your feeling crazy!!
I just don't have the balls to pull that off anymore. Enjoy that sport when you are young and Daring. I can only imagine the adrenaline rush. (y)
My first time at 30,00ft I was so cold/shaking I thought I was going to chip my teeth!!! LOL

Sadly, a few have chosen to end there life this way, by intentionally not deploying their chute. I get all the updates.

Always wanted to but don't think I would have gone through with it. Heights are not my thing! 😂

They provide training right there. Most start with a tandem jump. A solo jump requires around 6 to 8 hours of training.

My nephew joinwd the Army a couple years ago.... Airborne division....while in Jump School, on his 6th or 7th jump, blew out his knee (Injured it in High School Football). Honorable discharge. Felt so bad for him. He really loved it.

They provide training right there. Most start with a tandem jump. A solo jump requires around 6 to 8 hours of training.
Unless you get free “training” from mother green and killing machine. Just requires a 4 year commitment. Free food and housing though!

You'd figure they'd have an auto parachute release at a certain altitude for noobs.🤷‍♂️
I wouldn't trust an auto release mechanism. It might deploy too late.:giggle:

They get sky divers here from all over the world. Seems the 25 to 40 age group is most popular. I'm well past those years lol.

I had a really good friend that was heavy into it (he became an instructor, competed, etc). He got me into it for a bit back in the day. Went through the certification program, got certified to jump solo. I went solo several times, but always hated the nuts to butts plane ride up. I would get motion sickness - lol.

I’m definitely glad I did it, and going totally solo is a crazy experience, especially the first time. Nothing like it. I probably have 20 jumps total, which is a very small #, but enough to have gotten it out of my system - lol.

I've NEVER had the balls to pull that off! LOL

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back