Big Rock Slipper Issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rubenBR

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I wanted to install my New Steel Spur Gear for The Big Rock. (The Slipper Clutch worked Perfectly before)
So i took apart my slipper with the Stripped stock spur gear and replaced it and assembled the Slipper clutch the same way like i removed it.
Tightened the Screw but it turns out i can just spin the Slipper freely without the Spur gear even moving.
What's causing this issue?

thats so dumb. Why tho? aren't both the same literally except one being plastic or metal?

I haven't torn down my slipper in a little while but if memory serves, the metal one has a thinner overall profile in the center that has been relief cut. Yeah it's a pain. Just add the extra pad on the side that only currently has 1 pad on it and you'll be good to go.

Here you go bud, the breakdown on the metal slipper. No they are not the same. The composite plastic is thicker than steel.

21124A1C-39C0-44DE-AB4B-4440C371D949.png

Oh, and welcome to the forum. Stop by the member introductions thread when you get a chance. There's a whole bunch of knowledgeable folks here to help you diagnose any issue you might run across with your rigs. Myself, I'm far from the expert but I have a few tricks I've learned along the way.

You don't need an extra pad. I have a hot racing steel spur in my Typhon and the stock slipper. But I did use to have issues with the slipper coming loose. Did you blue loctite it and let is sit for 24 hours? When you pull the slipper out and tighten it can you turn it by hand. If so, you didn't assemble something correctly. If not, then it's just coming loose.

I believe there is a difference between the Hot Racing steel spur and the Arrma steel spur, one uses three pads and the other uses four pads. I think I actually read that here somewhere.
I have not (and probably won't) done the steel spur gear swap. My truck is still all stock and takes everything I throw at it.

I believe there is a difference between the Hot Racing steel spur and the Arrma steel spur, one uses three pads and the other uses four pads. I think I actually read that here somewhere.
I have not (and probably won't) done the steel spur gear swap. My truck is still all stock and takes everything I throw at it.
Yup you’re right. I only have metal spurs on my 4s builds. My 3s cars I try to keep light. Rear metal diff and rear metal diff yoke are the best mods I think for 3s cars. The new Arrma 6mm motor mount is real solid also. And of course I love 6s shocks. Because of those mods I try to save weight elsewhere.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back