Granite Slipper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy p

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Hello guys. I got my v3 3s granite 4 days ago and I have not tighten or loosen me slipper clutch. Have I to loosen it in order not to destroy a driveshaft or a Diff? If yes how much should I loosen it???

Youll have to play with it to get it right.start here

16030128502292527752024324314608.jpg

Hello guys. I got my v3 3s granite 4 days ago and I have not tighten or loosen me slipper clutch. Have I to loosen it in order not to destroy a driveshaft or a Diff? If yes how much should I loosen it???

Drive it first if you have not....I have the new Big Rock v3 and it was fine. If you have driven it what is your experience?

Keep loosening it 1/4 turns until when you nail the throttle from a dead stop the front end comes up 3/4 of the way and rides out a long wheelie without touching the wheelie bar. Takes time but you will not have shaft issues like everyone else.

sorry for the dumb question - but why do they need slipper clutches? - I don't think the 6s models have slipper clutches so why does the smaller range?

If you screw the slipper all the way in are you making it like a normal spur gear?

I'm guessing it's to smooth out the power delivery - but the ESC also has a punch setting which does this?

The 3s cars don't have a center diff like the 6s ones.

If you land on the 2 rear wheels on power and there is no diff or slipper, the drivetrain will be locked and something will break.

With a center diff the shock will transfer to the front wheels which are free. With a slipper, the slipper will give.

Drive it first if you have not....I have the new Big Rock v3 and it was fine. If you have driven it what is your experience?
Nah, I have driven it a lot of times at full speed and bashing. I one time popped a driveshaft out but I changed that with the front and fixed that as seen in the photo below. From then I bash really hard and do a lot of wheelies without any single problem. I have not touched the slipper.
IMG_20201018_082011.jpg
IMG_20201018_082035.jpg
IMG_20201018_082020.jpg

Youll have to play with it to get it right.start here

View attachment 105146
I just want to do that I know how, but I'm afraid I will tighten it a lot or loosen it a lot.
Keep loosening it 1/4 turns until when you nail the throttle from a dead stop the front end comes up 3/4 of the way and rides out a long wheelie without touching the wheelie bar. Takes time but you will not have shaft issues like everyone else.
Alright thank you a lot my friend!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back