Vorteks Slop in suspension, normal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.Hurrle

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vorteks
I have a 3S Vorteks with the BLX setup and I was noticing that there is a ton of slop in the suspension area. Like the control arms are smaller than they should be. Is this normal/deliberate? I never noticed it before but I was given some aluminum arms (that I decided against installing) that have little spacer nubs on them that make them fit perfectly in their slots. Then I noticed that the stock composite arms have gaps.

Is this normal?

It's a ready to run rc it's going to be rather sloppy as nothing is really made to any sort of tolerance.

Hot racing makes an aluminum steering rack that uses bearings and aluminum pivot balls that will help tighten it up.

I have a 3S Vorteks with the BLX setup and I was noticing that there is a ton of slop in the suspension area. Like the control arms are smaller than they should be. Is this normal/deliberate? I never noticed it before but I was given some aluminum arms (that I decided against installing) that have little spacer nubs on them that make them fit perfectly in their slots. Then I noticed that the stock composite arms have gaps.

Is this normal?
Normal...shim and adjust where you can. It will not be perfect. I focus more on wheels and steering on my 3S rigs and Vorteks....

Yes seems to be .mine is very loose on the plastic pivot balls after only a few runs . Hoping there is an upgrade to sort it once the fail .

Yes seems to be .mine is very loose on the plastic pivot balls after only a few runs . Hoping there is an upgrade to sort it once the fail .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/166326858305?itmmeta=01HWJMNMACN24E84YJSVB0QK4X&hash=item26b9da7241:g:vpoAAOSw5RRlAB1D&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8K8mtU0/EmxOTL8BwkEE/37gdclZb3nwB5xNEJwJdY0flVfjBTmNwE7aJ3UH1OrMeHJ1xVGl12dVgd+5NOTNmDtynIygYv1JDwuHEnhI/wRNOQ6oL18blX5RZe9O43SumVstk9BrHK7YrqM84f/Bgpg0PGZoqKCW9Z3uMx2w6cqe6RX11f14KrYmfidUdoz4HIw37RFYnYay/6zseuh5CdsTjqeWVnXzkdvtv7F4+8nUdB1NjgWx26u4U8iVy9MZapF6qf/EZ+ctvHvIKnbniOfRqs/pbcTFFLL4YDiYsEH3mbROn0fFMb0IGkxF5XiYSw==|tkp:Bk9SR7LF1tTkYw

**** ARRMA 3S 4S Steel Pivot Ball Set ****

Price includes USPS Ground Advantage. Priority mail shipping available for additional cost.

• Forget Hot Racing and its knockoffs....They wear out only a little slower than stock plastic
  • Forget RCAWD.... They may be Steel but the tolerance is so bad you may as well keep the plastic
  • Introducing the KA_RC Pivot Ball Set for the ARRMA 3S/4S Platform
  • Made from 1045 Steel, with tight tolerances to ensure it removes the slop from your steering and suspension
  • Balls have been Hard Chrome Plated (Think Shock Shafts) to ensure maximum durability
  • Special rough surface finish of the suspension pivot balls allows a dry teflon lube to be used and retained in the imperfections
  • Most likely the last set of pivot balls you will ever need to buy for your ARRMA 3S or 4S
  • FITS: All ARRMA 3S, MEGA, BOOST, 4S V1 and V2 and the New 4S MOJAVE

When you replace these, you will want to consider getting a tool that makes it very easy to pop them in and out.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/166326858305?itmmeta=01HWJMNMACN24E84YJSVB0QK4X&hash=item26b9da7241:g:vpoAAOSw5RRlAB1D&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAA8K8mtU0/EmxOTL8BwkEE/37gdclZb3nwB5xNEJwJdY0flVfjBTmNwE7aJ3UH1OrMeHJ1xVGl12dVgd+5NOTNmDtynIygYv1JDwuHEnhI/wRNOQ6oL18blX5RZe9O43SumVstk9BrHK7YrqM84f/Bgpg0PGZoqKCW9Z3uMx2w6cqe6RX11f14KrYmfidUdoz4HIw37RFYnYay/6zseuh5CdsTjqeWVnXzkdvtv7F4+8nUdB1NjgWx26u4U8iVy9MZapF6qf/EZ+ctvHvIKnbniOfRqs/pbcTFFLL4YDiYsEH3mbROn0fFMb0IGkxF5XiYSw==|tkp:Bk9SR7LF1tTkYw

Price includes USPS Ground Advantage. Priority mail shipping available for additional cost.

• Forget Hot Racing and its knockoffs....They wear out only a little slower than stock plastic
  • Forget RCAWD.... They may be Steel but the tolerance is so bad you may as well keep the plastic
  • Made from 1045 Steel, with tight tolerances to ensure it removes the slop from your steering and suspension
  • Balls have been Hard Chrome Plated (Think Shock Shafts) to ensure maximum durability
  • Special rough surface finish of the suspension pivot balls allows a dry teflon lube to be used and retained in the imperfections
  • Most likely the last set of pivot balls you will ever need to buy for your ARRMA 3S or 4S
After reading this post, I was thinking about buying these for my Infraction 3s. When I went to look at my Infraction, I realized I already replaced the plastic pivot balls with steel. I don't recall where I found the ones I have in it or when I put them in. Chalk it up to having too many RC vehicles. :LOL:

Bought stuff from him. Great seller. 👍

After reading this post, I was thinking about buying these for my Infraction 3s. When I went to look at my Infraction, I realized I already replaced the plastic pivot balls with steel. I don't recall where I found the ones I have in it or when I put them in. Chalk it up to having too many RC vehicles. :LOL:

Totally understand....I log each change or upgrade in a spreadsheet. This happens to me, and I can look to see if I already did something, :LOL:

Totally understand....I log each change or upgrade in a spreadsheet. This happens to me, and I can look to see if I already did something, :LOL:
I keep a Word document for each vehicle that lists all the mods on the vehicle. At the time, the Infraction was easier to get to than it was to get to my computer.

Edit: I just looked at the mod sheet for the Infraction 3s, and I failed to put the steel pivot balls on the sheet. I wouldn't have known I had installed them previously anyway.

Back