SMC True spec DV extreme for speed running?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dk10438

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
I'm using CHNL racing 3S x2 6200Mah for my speed running now I've heard SMC's are pretty good. I see that SMC has the True Spec DV 8000 Man and 10000 Man for $45 and $55 respectively. Would these offer a meaningful improvement over what I have now? or are they going to be closer in performance to my Zees? True Spec DV's were designed for bashing??

I'd say your CHNL's are as good as most none SRD series batteries from SMC.

Higher capacity will increase the max amps you can pull from a battery (which those 6200Mah are doing plenty, unless you are already doing 150's)
Characteristics like voltage sag under high load, does not directly related to the max amps they can delever. Once they have enough to give, it comes down to the golden cells and chemical composition. On that part the chnl 70C (with 8AWG wires), SMC SRD series or Onyx batteries will give a performance boost. Running 2 set parallel will also be an improvement performance-wise

I have the transmitters voltage alarm set to 21V and the alarm was going off but the memory was full so I wasn't able to review the log. It was noted by others that the total distance of my runs were only 1000 ft which was probably why I was having so much sag and I'm working on a slower more controlled pull. Last few times I've had technical issues so I haven't been able to do a full pull and analyze the info.

The chnl are they the G+ series?
G+ batteries are the best from CHNL. I've did a comparison between the G+ and the black/orange. 6mph difference. But I've gained 8mph. With the SMC. Over the chnl. Getting me a 137mph.

unfortunately I didn't properly research this and I bought the racer series(white green and orange I think) instead of G+. Sounds like SRD would be the option if I wanted to go faster on 6S, or improve my technique.

well back to my original question, is there a significant difference between the SRD and true spec DV's (or CNHL for that matter)?
Debating on whether or not I should invest in a. new set of bats. True spec would run me 100 a pair and SRD 160 a pair....

well back to my original question, is there a significant difference between the SRD and true spec DV's (or CNHL for that matter)?
Debating on whether or not I should invest in a. new set of bats. True spec would run me 100 a pair and SRD 160 a pair....
My 4S SMC graphene extreme V2's do not outperform the CNHL G+ 70C. I think the True spec DV's are a class lower than the graphene extreme V2's, which puts them on par with the CNHL Racing 90C batteries you already have.

I bought 4x CNHL 3S G+ 70C's for €33 (so $32.5) a piece 2 weeks ago.
So if you are not spending big money on SRD's or Onyx, you might just be better of with a good deal on some CNHL G+ 70C's

Yeah
Last night I came to the conclusion that the true spec DVs wouldn’t be any better than what I have so there’s no point in buying them even if they are on sale. Unfortunately the g+ 70c 6000 mah won’t fit in my battery tray so I’ll probably stick with the racer series for now.

I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of my 2 4s CNHL 5600mah Racing Packs.
My Yoowoo 3s 5000mah Graphenes also rock. And I prefer lighter, lower capacity packs for the most part.

1666453127378.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back