Kraton So is it worth me upgrading my v2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revomikey

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Senton 3s
Hi dudes, just getting back into the off road scene and using my v2 kraton again, she's upgraded, rpm arms, stronger servo, chassis brace center, metal front and rear braces, Copperhead tyres, max 5 esc and motor, flysky radio. Is it worth me tossing money into a v5 or will I effectively be downgrading for the sake of a new body?

If your transfer the esc and motor to the v5 and servo it would be worth it for the center brace and just the little and minor things that are better imo
Thanks, are there many upgrades to justify the cost?

Hi dudes, just getting back into the off road scene and using my v2 kraton again, she's upgraded, rpm arms, stronger servo, chassis brace center, metal front and rear braces, Copperhead tyres, max 5 esc and motor, flysky radio. Is it worth me tossing money into a v5 or will I effectively be downgrading for the sake of a new body?
has the v2 been used a lot how's the diffs drive cups and driveshafts if they need replaceing it mite be worth getting a v5 kraton I have been running a stock kraton v5 for 5 months now and only problem I've had is a broken servo

The v2 is in fantastic shape to be fair, not much in the way of milage. Like I say, she's hugely upgraded, diffs and shafts like new.

Work with what you got. Seems like a smart way to approach it. Replace what wears out or breaks as you go. You will be be doing that anyway with a V5 for the most part. 99% Current parts should fit fine. Most of them were just Plug and play upgrades anyway. That superceded the v2's. The basic platform stayed the same throughout all its revisions. Definitely stay with what you have there.
It is still a nice blank "inexpensive" canvas and you can do so much with it, anyway you slice it. It will drive pretty much the same as a V5 IMHO. And all the parts are still easy to get. The new parts work on the V2. 99% of them.
Enjoy.:cool:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back