Typhon Sold a couple bikes so now…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey buddy, I tried to send you a private message but the damn forum won't let me for some reason. If you can, send me a private message so I can send one back to you.
Rival MT10? They are brilliant, I love mine!
That is nice to hear! I know you just got yours. How is it compared to a granite?
I am so tempted to grab one but can hardly drive my new typhon right now. If I grab one it’ll l sit in the box for a while. Which is fine…at least I’ll have it 😂

That is nice to hear! I know you just got yours. How is it compared to a granite?
I am so tempted to grab one but can hardly drive my new typhon right now. If I grab one it’ll l sit in the box for a while. Which is fine…at least I’ll have it 😂

I haven't driven a Granite but the Rival is very similar in that it's a short wheelbase short armed Monster truck. It's not as fast as an Arrma 3s ... it's quite different but a ton of fun. I thought I stripped a spur tonight but it just lost its mesh while I was backflipping it off my ramp. And the mesh was so easy to check and reset. I wish Team Associated did some bigger scale vehicles I think they would be awesome.

Oh and having a centre diff is pretty cool. I am starting to see the hype around a centre diff vs a slipper clutch.

I haven't driven a Granite but the Rival is very similar in that it's a short wheelbase short armed Monster truck. It's not as fast as an Arrma 3s ... it's quite different but a ton of fun. I thought I stripped a spur tonight but it just lost its mesh while I was backflipping it off my ramp. And the mesh was so easy to check and reset. I wish Team Associated did some bigger scale vehicles I think they would be awesome.

Oh and having a centre diff is pretty cool. I am starting to see the hype around a centre diff vs a slipper clutch.
Go on, please tell us more. Im also intrigued by the fact that it has a centre diff but not really sure what benefits it confers other than a general "improves handling". Id love to know "how" and "why".

Let’s see some pictures when you have a chance?

Go on, please tell us more. Im also intrigued by the fact that it has a centre diff but not really sure what benefits it confers other than a general "improves handling". Id love to know "how" and "why".

😎 But to be honest the biggest thing with the centre diff so far is the maintenance. I opened up the rear end last night while working out how to adjust the mesh (no videos on YouTube to follow) and took out the centre diff. Just the fact it's a complete working diff not a fiddly slipper clutch has to be so much better in the long run for maintenance and durability.

The handling side is hard for me to tell because this is my first real Monster Truck (The Big Rock is more a truggy IMO) so it's short wheelbase, narrow stance and high centre of gravity chassis can make it a easy to roll but at high speeds it holds its line during a turn really will which I believe is an attribute of having a centre diff.

👍😎🔥

Last edited:

😎 But to be honest the biggest thing with the centre diff so far is the maintenance. I opened up the rear end last night while working out how to adjust the mesh (no videos on YouTube to follow) and took out the centre diff. Just the fact it's a complete working diff not a fiddly slipper clutch has to be so much better in the long run for maintenance and durability.

The handling side is hard for me to tell because this is my first real Monster Truck (The Big Rock is more a truggy IMO) so it's short wheelbase, narrow stance and high centre of gravity chassis can make it a easy to roll but at high speeds it holds its line during a turn really will which I believe is an attribute of having a centre diff.

👍😎🔥
That’s great, I’m still so very intrigued. Let me know how durable it is over coming the weeks please.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back