Typhon Sold a couple bikes so now…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Velodromed

Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton 4s
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Vorteks
  8. Voltage
  9. Infraction 4x4
Sold my track bike and one of my mountain bikes for a bit over a grand. My ‘feel better about selling my beloved bikes’ reward will be a new 3s car. Should I get the typhon Ive always rather wanted…or another granite cause I love mine?

Y’all that got typhons on here really seem to enjoy them. How do they drive and handle compared to the granite, big rock and vorteks? Just another 3s car or a completely different critter? Decisions decisions 🤪

Sold my track bike and one of my mountain bikes for a bit over a grand. My ‘feel better about selling my beloved bikes’ reward will be a new 3s car. Should I get the typhon Ive always rather wanted…or another granite cause I love mine?

Y’all that got typhons on here really seem to enjoy them. How do they drive and handle compared to the granite, big rock and vorteks? Just another 3s car or a completely different critter? Decisions decisions 🤪
Hey bud, sorry you had to sell your bikes. I know how much they meant to you.

If you are gonna buy another 3s rig, the Typhon is an excellent choice. It handles a lot different than my Big Rock does. It's a buggy. It handles great. Corners and turns very well and fast without traction rolling. Plus it's a 1/8 scale buggy. A little bigger than the Granite, and a little wider but has the exact same 3s electronics. Even though it is bigger, it is still pretty light due to it being a buggy. It also flies thru the air very well. You wouldn't be disappointed with the Typhon. My Typhon sees as much if not more run time as my Big Rock does. It's an excellent rig.

Also, don't know if it's in your budget, but the 6s Typhon is only $549. Great price for a 6s rig, and can use 2 3s batteries (if you can fit them in there correctly), which you already have.

Typhon's the only 3s rig I've duplicated. We truggified my son's (simple- dropped a blx120 in and put on mx28's), and speedified mine (firma150, 2400kv motor, 38t spool, hoons). Kinda versatile- and tough.

But, that was also before the new brcc came out with typhon arms. Now they're identical except for tires and bodies.
I've left the brcc stock except for the mx28's. It handles alot like the truggified typhon. Our brcc is hella tough, too. It's taken many hits that should have crunched it.

And the built 3s/6s typhon is psychotic af, but so fast! On 4s, it'll outrun most 6s rigs because it's so light, but the steering on arrma's 3s line is sketchy at high speed. It's really hard to control over 90mph. Really hard. I know mine will break 100 with the current 23/38 gearing, and I can still pinion up. I suspect it could push into the 110-120 range before I find its upper limit on 6s...Unless it wrap around a tree first.

After typing all that, I must confess that I drive the senton way more than any other 3s rig... with a blx120 and a 4s battery, it'll almost keep up with the teknos, survive massive abuse, and still do double backflips.

Not helpful at all, am i?

Hey bud, sorry you had to sell your bikes. I know how much they meant to you.

If you are gonna buy another 3s rig, the Typhon is an excellent choice. It handles a lot different than my Big Rock does. It's a buggy. It handles great. Corners and turns very well and fast without traction rolling. Plus it's a 1/8 scale buggy. A little bigger than the Granite, and a little wider but has the exact same 3s electronics. Even though it is bigger, it is still pretty light due to it being a buggy. It also flies thru the air very well. You wouldn't be disappointed with the Typhon. My Typhon sees as much if not more run time as my Big Rock does. It's an excellent rig.

Also, don't know if it's in your budget, but the 6s Typhon is only $549. Great price for a 6s rig, and can use 2 3s batteries (if you can fit them in there correctly), which you already have.
It’s okay, I’m not selling Sheila, the Stumpjumper I’ve had since 1999 that’s been with me in every cross country race I’ve done and I have probably 30,000 miles on. I’m going to be buried with her 🤣

I know, a 6s rig would be very nice. The Notorious has always caught my eye. But it’s over my self imposed budget and then I would have to collect all sorts of new parts…So not yet.

Maybe when we are passed my wife’s 2-3 cancer surgeries next year and the custody lawsuit we’ve been in for her daughter (trial is supposed to be in January pending surgeries outcome). I could get a Noto for my b-day or Father’s Day or something like that. Honestly I am plenty happy with 3s power still so am in no a rush. Plus, I know that once I drive a 6s car it would ruin me for everything I own now.

Okay… typhon it is. Like I already know I want. Of course I could get that TLR roller. I’d love a project car and it’s only $420 🤔 ugh! I need to stop thinking like that, I already outlined the reasons above 🤣 but man that’s a sweet looking car!

Dang it, maybe I should look for a well cared for Noto. Or a Noto roller. Damn you Kla! 😂🤣

It’s okay, I’m not selling Sheila, the Stumpjumper I’ve had since 1999 that’s been with me in every cross country race I’ve done and I have probably 30,000 miles on. I’m going to be buried with her 🤣

I know, a 6s rig would be very nice. The Notorious has always caught my eye. But it’s over my self imposed budget and then I would have to collect all sorts of new parts…So not yet.

Maybe when we are passed my wife’s 2-3 cancer surgeries next year and the custody lawsuit we’ve been in for her daughter (trial is supposed to be in January pending surgeries outcome). I could get a Noto for my b-day or Father’s Day or something like that. Honestly I am plenty happy with 3s power still so am in no a rush. Plus, I know that once I drive a 6s car it would ruin me for everything I own now.

Okay… typhon it is. Like I already know I want. Of course I could get that TLR roller. I’d love a project car and it’s only $420 🤔 ugh! I need to stop thinking like that, I already outlined the reasons above 🤣 but man that’s a sweet looking car!

Dang it, maybe I should look for a well cared for Noto. Or a Noto roller. Damn you Kla! 😂🤣
Oops! Sorry! Lol

The only thing to be aware of with the Typhon is the lower ground clearance, tall grass is out.
So kind of like the vorteks…Which I already have 😁
Truggify!
ST MX28s helped the vorteks with clearance issues. Besides, here in San Antonio we don’t have tall lush grass. We have dust dirt and sparse weeds 😂

So kind of like the vorteks…Which I already have 😁

ST MX28s helped the vorteks with clearance issues. Besides, here in San Antonio we don’t have tall lush grass. We have dust dirt and sparse weeds 😂
So like California :ROFLMAO:

You have a lot going on in your life. I think the Typhon would be lovely. Flies really nicely, and if you have any double-track MTB trail you can go to those with the typhon.

The only thing to be aware of with the Typhon is the lower ground clearance, tall grass is out.
You have a lot going on in your life. I think the Typhon would be lovely. Flies really nicely, and if you have any double-track MTB trail you can go to those with the typhon.
Thanks man…I always have. The good lord gives problems to those that can handle them. I meet life head on and work it the best that I can. Always have, always will.

Thanks for the opinion on the typhon. I LOVE the idea of hitting bike trails with a rc car that tracks well! I’m over thinking this but that’s how I do things 🙃
Is the senton an option?
No, I just don’t like the senton for some reason. I have 2 short wheelbase cars (vorteks and granite) already. I love my wife’s big rock but don’t want another one (it’s kinda…bulky feeling), so the typhon seems like it would be best.

Thank you though, I appreciate any thoughts and opinions that get me thinking.
Truggify!
That’s basically just putting MT tires on it, right? Or is there more involved?

Last edited:
Typhon all the way!

It has more ground clearance than the Vorteks. Best handling of the 3s line, flies so very nice too.

Get one.
Yup…I’ve been thinking about your comments on your new typhon. Sounds like you still love it, which is good.

Truggified Typhon runs circles around the Vorteks. You need knuckles, hubs, and outer shafts from Jennys, pretty cheap to do. I like my Typhon more all the time; it's been giving my Kraton plenty of rest.

Truggified Typhon runs circles around the Vorteks. You need knuckles, hubs, and outer shafts from Jennys, pretty cheap to do. I like my Typhon more all the time; it's been giving my Kraton plenty of rest.
Thanks! I like hearing that.

Oh, yerright. I thought ye were talking about 6s, I can see that now.
Maybe I’ll go 6s someday…but more I’m very happy with 3s. It’s plenty of power for us.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back