Kraton Soldering XT90’s- what’s the trick?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thanks for the tips everyone! I got my new iron and boy did that make the difference! Last night I was a soldering fool and put XT90 on every battery and vehicle I own! (For that really is the connector I prefer.)

I only had to un-solder 3 times for forgetting to put the sleeve on first, I only burned myself 4 times, and I only shorted batteries twice!

I use those connectors with the black section that clips up over the back and don't need heat shrink......mind you they don't stop facepalming when you solder the connector to realise you didn't slide it on first or you did one not the other. The solder job would need to be pretty bad to need heat shrink as well....so bad you'd probably cut it off and re-do anyway
If I had a nickle for every time I forgot the little cap...........

Ok, thanks for the tips everyone! I got my new iron and boy did that make the difference! Last night I was a soldering fool and put XT90 on every battery and vehicle I own! (For that really is the connector I prefer.)

I only had to un-solder 3 times for forgetting to put the sleeve on first, I only burned myself 4 times, and I only shorted batteries twice!
When doing the batteries do one wire at a time, do not have them both out and exposed at the same time.

When doing the batteries do one wire at a time, do not have them both out and exposed at the same time.

That much I knew, but I still managed to find other ways to short circuit when connecting the second terminal. Including one time when the metal alligator clip on my third hand was accidentally touching both terminals on the other side. Went to connect to my second wire and boom!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back