Kraton XT90’s getting hot 🥵

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ron burgundy GIF

EC5 if soldered perfectly can handle 120amp C/200amp burst.
I’ve always been skeptical of that rating, the bullets are too small. I’ve replaced EC/IC5 connectors that had heat issues before and solved the problem with XT90’s which have roughly the same size bullets and are rated at 90 amps continuous. Just my personal experience, but I always seem to have more heat issues with EC5’s on 6s.
ESL and mentally handicapped, a great combination.
Rude and unnecessary.

Last edited:
I’ve always been skeptical of that rating, the bullets are too small. I’ve replaced EC/IC5 connectors that had heat issues before and solved the problem with XT90’s which have roughly the same size bullets and are rated at 90 amps continuous. Just my personal experience, but I always seem to have more heat issues with EC5’s on 6s.

Rude and unnecessary.
But the crap he was saying to me was normal and necessary?

Arrma obviously went through neccesary testing to develop the 8S rigs, which come standard with dual EC5 series to a 160Amp continuous speed controller for a 30 pound rig... Which is now carrying over to the Firma V2.

Qs10 u don’t need them unless u plan on running 200mph. I use xt90 anti spark for 6s and under. 8s and above I use qs8. I would use qs10 for like 12s. But they r great connectors. Expensive but if u want the best gotta pay for it. U get what u pay for literally imo.
+!!
Arrma obviously went through neccesary testing to develop the 8S rigs, which come standard with dual EC5 series to a 160Amp continuous speed controller for a 30 pound rig... Which is now carrying over to the Firma V2.
I will admit that the EC5/IC5's have slightly larger diameter Bullets. A plus with 8s setups. HH is all in with their proprietary EC5/IC5 patent there. Hence used with all their RTR stuff.
I find the jacket is actually softer and will melt no better or worse than a legit Amass XT90 however.
Running 8s, QS8's get my vote. A no brainer.

Last edited:
True that. The EC5 connector I referenced earlier for heat issues was on a Max 6 on a used Mojave I bought. It could have easily been a crappy soldering job, but I never looked at the joints, I just snipped it off and put on an XT90 because I have
more LiPo’s with XT90’s than anything else. But I’ve never had heat issues with them, or any other EC5’s either for that matter.
I do run QS8’s on both of my speed builds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back