Some of my battery's still have 25-30% left when the RC stops.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Comptrekkie

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
When I first got my Typhon, I only had 2x 3S batteries. They are spectrum 5000mah 50C G2. They used to go down to 5-7% when the Typhon would stop. I could see this when charging. Now they always stop with much less run time and 25-30% charge left when I go to charge them. Only had them for about 3 weeks. I also have a 6S 6800mah Spectrum G2 120c Pro Series and a 6S 6000mah 100c Zeee that both give full run time. Down to 5-7% when I charge them.

I also noticed this happening with my son’s car. He has the 1800mah NiMH battery that came with the car. That one is working great, runs normal time and is at 5-7% after done. He also has 2x 2s 5200mah 50c Zeee Lipos that I got him. Same odd behavior. They used to run down to 5-7%, now around 25-30% they stop. He has much less play time now. He has only had his for a week.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

The G2’s all auto charge on my Charger, it is a Spektrum S2100. All others I charge at 1C per the instructions.

Thank you for any insight here. I am new to the Hobby.

It is ok to fully discharge NiMH batteries but Mfr does not recommend the same for LiPo. If they are fully discharged they could be damaged or quit working.

When I first got my Typhon, I only had 2x 3S batteries. They are spectrum 5000mah 50C G2. They used to go down to 5-7% when the Typhon would stop. I could see this when charging. Now they always stop with much less run time and 25-30% charge left when I go to charge them. Only had them for about 3 weeks. I also have a 6S 6800mah Spectrum G2 120c Pro Series and a 6S 6000mah 100c Zeee that both give full run time. Down to 5-7% when I charge them.

I also noticed this happening with my son’s car. He has the 1800mah NiMH battery that came with the car. That one is working great, runs normal time and is at 5-7% after done. He also has 2x 2s 5200mah 50c Zeee Lipos that I got him. Same odd behavior. They used to run down to 5-7%, now around 25-30% they stop. He has much less play time now. He has only had his for a week.

Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong?

The G2’s all auto charge on my Charger, it is a Spektrum S2100. All others I charge at 1C per the instructions.

Thank you for any insight here. I am new to the Hobby.

I’m not a pro at lipo batteries there are some guys here who are. 3S battery has 3 cells so even new you could have a cell or two dropping faster. This could have you hitting low voltage faster than before.

I have some 3S China Hobbies I just bought being new some cells dropping lower that others when I check the cells after a run. There is also something I here the vet say here they call it “recovery”

In play your batteries can hit a very low voltage and you rigs stop hitting low voltage. When you get it home and check later, they recovery mean increase in voltage since the load is off it. So it could look like you have more juice since you are looking at the recovery number vs how low it hit in play.

Wait on the pros…. I am still learning on lipo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back