Do the new V2 Spektrum electronics require the V2 Spektrum programmer or can the V1 still be used?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RCbuzz

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave EXB
  5. Senton 3s
I was under the impression the V1 Spektrum Programmer will not update the V2 Electronics. So, I was on the lookout to buy a V2 programmer.

Does anyone know if the V1 works and what the differences are to the V2?

Thanks!

I could be wrong, but im 90% certain the new V2 electronics require the V2 programmer. And on top of that you're still required to update the freakin V2 programmer to update the V2 electronics firmware. Sometimes I wonder who's in charge of decision making at Arrma 🤦‍♂️

I could be wrong, but im 90% certain the new V2 electronics require the V2 programmer. And on top of that you're still required to update the freakin V2 programmer to update the V2 electronics firmware. Sometimes I wonder who's in charge of decision making at Arrma 🤦‍♂️
I have the V2 programmer and got it updated but it still wont upgrade the firmware in my new rig. Got frustrated after following every suggestion I could find on this forum and YouTube. Put all of it on a shelf since it will probably be March or April before its dry enough to take it out for a bash.

I don't want the ability to upgrade firmware, I just want an esc that perfoms properly out of the box. Ive never had any reason to want firmware upgrades on my Max6's and Max10's.

Im hoping more info on fixing it is available soon, otherwise I'll mail the esc to Horizon and make them send me a new one that works.

I have the V2 programmer and got it updated but it still wont upgrade the firmware in my new rig. Got frustrated after following every suggestion I could find on this forum and YouTube. Put all of it on a shelf since it will probably be March or April before its dry enough to take it out for a bash.

I don't want the ability to upgrade firmware, I just want an esc that perfoms properly out of the box. Ive never had any reason to want firmware upgrades on my Max6's and Max10's.

Im hoping more info on fixing it is available soon, otherwise I'll mail the esc to Horizon and make them send me a new one that works.
Geez, that definitely sucks man. You have a rig that you can't even enjoy due to Horizon's incompetence. Now you have me a little worried. I bought a V2 esc from the BR6S from Jennys and dropped it in my Infraction build. But I still need to get the programmer to update the firmware and tweak some other settings...hopefully it works.

Ive only run mine once and it was on wet pavement, so not sure if mine has the nose dive issue and will have to wait for better weather to find out. Still pretty disappointing the programmer gets stuck on a blank screen when I follow the steps to upgrade the firmware.

I was under the impression the V1 Spektrum Programmer will not update the V2 Electronics. So, I was on the lookout to buy a V2 programmer.

Does anyone know if the V1 works and what the differences are to the V2?

Thanks!
v1 cannot be used. v2 on each end.

I was under the impression that first, the V1 Programmer itself needs to have its own F/W updated, with the current V2 programmer F/W ?
>>>Take that with a grain of salt however. Since this issue is so prevalent for so many.
Spektrum always falls short with their F/W support. They don't even write their own code. The OE does.
That's why I end up with HW Upgrade ESC's eventually.
:unsure:

They should make it opensource on GitHub and let the community take care of it. People would improve the software and fix bugs and add features people want.
It would be a good marketing win for them!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back