Kraton Some small modifications on my Kraton V3

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sasel-RC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi to all,

I did small modifications on my Kraton, which for me - as being new to the hobby - did make some sense.
I attached fotos of the changes. Feel free to comment what you think from your experienced point of view.

- Grid across the motor fans:
I ordered a yeah-racing twin fan and to prevent the fans from getting destroyed by branches or small stones, I mounted an aluminium grid on top of the fans (fotos). I hope that helps to let the fans live longer. Still hearing sand going through the fans but no bigger objects.

- Servo link and horn: Together with the new VH servo mount and a new servo, I added an aluminium servo horn and built a servo link out of two RPM rod ends. The whole servo + mount turned out to be higher, so I had to built an offset out of some Ikea metal parts (-: The whole thing seems to be quite solid with low clearance. I hope it will last this way.

- GPM turnbuckles: I used RPM rod ends and the original Arrma ends. I hope this will work out better than the GPM ones, which came with the turnbuckles. They did not look very promising.

- Lipo clamp: The balancer cable of gensacearespammers Lipo comes right out of the Lipo where the velcro strip goes over the battery holder. My concern is that sooner or later, the lipo cable will break through the velcro. So I built this aluminium clamp. Not nice but it works (foto). Do you have the same problem with your lipos or did I unterstand something wrong how to put the lipo in the holder? The balancer plug holder of the car does not fit the 6s plug.

Hope you enjoy my input understand the descriptions as english is not my native language.

Have a nice weekend and greetings from Hamburg, Germany.

By the way: What a great hobby! A lot of smiles per dollar as someone wrote in this forum.

Cheers, Sven.

Last edited:
These mods are very useful and well thought out. I like the photo's they show the work very well. I hope you enjoy the car more and more.

My lipos don't have cables that exit in that location so it's not an issue for me.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. I will write an update how everything worked out after some runnings in the dirt.

Cheers, Sven.

what are you using there for the camber adjustment? Looks like an aluminum replacement for the steel bar? Easier to adjust?

Edit: Nevermind, I read the post now :D

Nice work! Would you mind posting some pictures of your T2T brace? I'm about to create my own and I'm looking for ideas how to attach it to the towers.

The aluminium plate to protect your batteries' balance cable is very creative, but it looks like the cables could get cut in a bad crash. Perhaps wrap it with some electrical tape?

Hi,

Thanks for your Feedback with the cable.

Regarding the t2t brace:
C0BF6D01-0D96-46EE-AF24-4E9B52A3E224.jpeg
555AFB3C-E790-4579-B985-32CD8ECC54A7.jpeg
A790656B-FA04-4D16-92CC-2EB77F0F7D8A.jpeg
65E07277-AA6C-4CDD-8197-91E2BB578954.jpeg
D1A839ED-70EC-4228-8096-585C6ECF09B8.jpeg
084EF641-BE3F-4C2F-ABD6-8A4B00910610.jpeg
FF376D81-5DDD-43CD-909E-4DBE460C4582.jpeg
I used an aluminium tube 16mm in diameter and 1mm thick.
Held in position with cable ties and a cut out in the front for the tower.
This is probably the standard way to do it. I found it on YT.
To protect the nice looking VH- towers from scratches I used ‚shrink tube?‘ at the rear end. It is a double layer of shrink tube which also goes inside the tube.
This is more or less an interim solution at the moment. My idea is to build a kind of flex for the brace by using a rubber device at the rear end. The idea is to use the base of a trekking stick. The diameter of a regular stick is also 16mm.
The challenge is to find the right length of the brace/base for the optimum between stiffness and suspension so that the towers will not be bent but the diffs are safe against overbending.

I will post some fotos with the trekking stick base installed.

Cheers,

Sven.

Thanks for all the pictures Sven, that's very helpful. Great idea to use shrink tube at the end, I bet it provides good protection against scratches, and it looks great too (y)

Not a bad idea to use trekking stick parts either :) I wonder if the (anodized!) tube of a cheap stick is suitable to create a brace. And any plastic, rubber or foam parts might definitely come in handy...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back