SpaceX : Starship Launch April 20 ,2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tex Koder

2D , 3D Not a problem. I'll take that Challenge.
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Nero
  6. Senton 3s
  7. Typhon 6s
  8. Vendetta

Actual launch @ 49:20

Very Exciting to witness history being made.
Liftoff looked smooth.

Just wished the second stage would have completed as planned...

Last edited:
That thing is HUUUUUUUGE good lord. Pretty sure I heard him say twice the thrust of saturn 5 right?

TWICE the thrust! for just the 1st stage Booster!!
Plus another complete rocket on top of that 🤯

Even More amazing is that a small private company Designed & Built that monster mostly by themselves...
+ Their concept actually works. And eventually Re-Useable.

Now if they can figure out what happened with the separation
and prep for the next launch in a few months and try again within THIS year , THAT would be truly Amazing!!!

I'm not at all AT ALL impressed. We did this the same way over 50 yes that's right 50 years ago July 20th 1969 and before and you guys are still impressed. They did this with less then a 100th of the computing power we have today. Don't be fooled, this reminds me of the idiots that blamed recent leaders for building a wall between Mexico and the US, WHEN THE WALL WAS THERE SINCE THE 90'S LOL. But Americans in an attempt to fool themselves into thinking we are the best in the world find senseless stupidity like going to space interesting or astonished by it. WTF lol.
Damn man, you must be really fun at parties.

You can click there name and ignore them, never done it but I'm guessing it stops you from seeing their posts
I can confirm that. A few months ago, @King blitz was being really negative and being offended by everything I posted. So, I blocked him (I unblocked him a month or so later).

This sounds like cancel culture, just sayin
No cancel culture here. You are the one coming into a thread and saying some negative crap about something that is obviously really damn awesome so you might as well expect some backlash, all I said is you sound like a really great person to be around

I'm not at all AT ALL impressed. We did this the same way over 50 yes that's right 50 years ago July 20th 1969 and before and you guys are still impressed. They did this with less then a 100th of the computing power we have today. Don't be fooled, this reminds me of the idiots that blamed recent leaders for building a wall between Mexico and the US, WHEN THE WALL WAS THERE SINCE THE 90'S LOL. But Americans in an attempt to fool themselves into thinking we are the best in the world find senseless stupidity like going to space interesting or astonished by it. WTF lol.

Yes.
However, the major difference is -on the Reusability factor of these rockets >>
Multiple times (per rocket)!
Once Fully operational, these SpaceX 1st Stage Boosters will be launch and Auto Self-Land Back onto the exact Same launch pad it took off from.
Then within the SAME day launch again!!!

So imagine designing and building rocket engine(S) that can be turned On & Off at will and survive Multiple Reentries and able to land itself Vertically Autonomously , + to be reused again with 'very' little prep.

NOT just a One-way , ONE-use rockets of the 1960s..
Where hundreds of millions of tax payers' money gets to be flushed down the "toilet"/ocean after each launch.. Never to be seen or used again.

Big Difference.

Last edited:
Yes.
However, the major difference is on the Reusability factor of these rockets >>
Multiple times (per rocket)!
Once Fully operational, these SpaceX 1st Stage Boosters will be launch and Auto Self-Land Back into the exact Same launch pad it took off from.
Then within the SAME day launch again!!!

So imagine designing and building rocket engine (S) that can be turned On & Off at will and survive Multiple Reentries and able to land itself Vertically Autonomously , + to be reused again with 'very' little prep.

NOT just a One-way , ONE-use rockets of the 1960s..
Where hundreds of millions of tax payers' money gets to be flushed down the "toilet"/ocean after each launch.. Never to be seen or used again.

Big Difference.
You have a point, so @Tex Koder what is it we are trying to accomplish here, with like you said, hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars? I guess thats my point.

I mean its nice.

You have a point, so @Tex Koder what is it we are trying to accomplish here, with like you said, hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars? I guess thats my point.

I mean its nice.

Several new industries and an abundance of New technologies will come from this and be developed with this first small steps that occurred today.

Being able to Economically launch Massive payloads ,not just to near earth orbit But to deep space ,and to other planets.

And once we're able to build Larger space stations around Mars , we'll be able to start astroid mining operations.

Allowing us humans able to colonize Mars and hopefully beyond.

Several new industries and an abundance of New technologies will come from this and be developed with this first small steps that occurred today.

Being able to Economically launch Massive payloads ,not just to near earth orbit But to deep space ,and to other planets.

And once we're able to build Larger space stations around Mars , we'll be able to start astroid mining operations.

Allowing us humans able to colonize Mars and hopefully beyond.
Do you really think we'll every be able to go to Mars? I'm on the fence about it like flying cars lol. I mean its harder than the moon and we can't get back there...Also

I disagree with you so I'm blocking you :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Just send me my wing.

Kidding.

Do you really think we'll every be able to go to Mars? I'm on the fence about it like flying cars lol. I mean its harder than the moon and we can't get back there...Also

I volunteered & submitted my application to
Hi-SEAS program back in mid 2012..

There are experiments done to ensure humans can reach and successfully colonize Mars.
So Yes.

I may not be able to make it there within my lifetime, but my kids or grandkids just may.

I disagree with you so I'm blocking you :ROFLMAO: :LOL: Just send me my wing.

Kidding.

Well, if you block me...
How are you going to get my PMs to let you know when I'm done with your custom wing?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back