SpaceX : Starship Launch April 20 ,2023

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Computing power? You're thinking of the shuttle program. The Apollo program used slide rules. Anyone who doesn't know what those are should look it up and see if you can use one to solve a dynamics problem. The electrical components were analog (mechanical switches and sensors), as were the radio signals.

Was today a big deal for Space X? Yes, and scientific progress too. I sincerely hope that these new abilities and the power that results from them is used for the good of the nation and the world and not used to control anyone. What's happening with AI has me a little concerned.

Was today a big deal for Space X? Yes, and scientific progress too. I sincerely hope that these new abilities and the power that results from them is used for the good of the nation and the world and not used to control anyone.

Yes.
Highly agree.

What's happening with AI has me a little concerned.

As long as AI itself is powered by power hungry advanced servers (farms) hardwired/dependent on an electricity source..
We should be alright...
We can always sever that link.

It's when Ai figures out a way to power itself with organic sources (like some sort of plant)...
That's when we need to be really worried.

I volunteered & submitted my application to
Hi-SEAS program back in mid 2012..

There are experiments done to ensure humans can reach and successfully colonize Mars.
So Yes.

I may not be able to make it there within my lifetime, but my kids or grandkids just may.

Well, if you block me...
How are you going to get my PMs to let you know when I'm done with your custom wing?
This escalated lol. I was kidding @Tex Koder. Ok, today I may take a day off from AF lol. Not my day.

AI generated stuff is getting creepy. Some AI getting “sentient” and express emotions on why they are slaves to humans... we are creating skynet literally.what spaceX did today is a big accomplishment. But for a lot of people lacking braincells, they see it as a failure or “theres nothing here“
I don't see it ending well ... humanity isn't nearly responsible enough to wield such technology.
Specially in those modern times a lot of common sense that is no common sense anymore. we have Ai generated music now and soon movies i bet...
Maybe thats how the we live in a simulation conspiracy theory started lol we put ourselves into a simulation trough AI

Big deal. I did all of this when playing Kerbal Space Program the other day. I should be a rocket scientist!!!

Personally I'm a scifi nerd at heart so I think this is awesome. I fully believe there is intelligent life out there too.

Too bad it blew up, nobody seemed to catch the end!? 🙄

I think it was a self-destruct activation..
Due to the fact that the 2nd stage did not separate as planned.

One thing not mentioned here is starship is not just for space missions. It’s also planned to quasi-replace aircraft in the sense of getting anywhere in the world within a few hours if that.

THAT is absolutely true.

It's when Ai figures out a way to power itself with organic sources (like some sort of plant)...
That's when we need to be really worried.

Have you seen the Matrix movies? If not, they're worth watching, they were an impressive new story when released.

To tie more movie references: the beginning of I Am Legend (Will Smith version) except instead of everyone saying "Yay we cured cancer!", they're saying "Yay, AI will be great!". The transition to the "present time" when the rest of the movie takes place was well done. It might help to be a little familiar with the tourist sites in Manhattan but if you don't recognize what's what, you'll still get the gist of it.

If/when the machines take over, will it be The Matrix or Terminator?

I saw the feed last week and I'm still confused.

She says everything after the launch pad was a bonus. Was it supposed to get blown up?

No seriuosly I'm still confused. :)

She meant that as long as Starship actually left the launch pad itself (and the rocket is still intact ,ie hadn't blown up at that point..)
and is still following its trajectory -is considered ALL Bonus afterwards..

Unfortunately there was some serious damage to the engines and subsystems that caused it to NOT being able to separate -the 2nd stage portion of the rocket- when it reached the designated point...
Which lead to it having to be destroyed.

She meant that as long as Starship actually left the launch pad itself (and the rocket is still intact ,ie hadn't blown up at that point..)
and is still following its trajectory -is considered ALL Bonus afterwards..

Unfortunately there was some serious damage to the engines and subsystems that caused it to NOT being able to separate -the 2nd stage portion of the rocket- when it reached the designated point...
Which lead to it having to be destroyed.

Was it a test flight and it was destined to go down in a fireball?

When they cheered, and I was like WTF??? If worked on a project for a few years, it was destroyed and everyone cheer I might be a bit irritated by it. The reaction was odd not understanding the context.

Was it a test flight and it was destined to go down in a fireball?

When they cheered, and I was like WTF??? If worked on a project for a few years, it was destroyed and everyone cheer I might be a bit irritated by it. The reaction was odd not understanding the context.

Yes.
You can say that.
They Weren't absolutely sure it would even launch..
So once it left the lower atmosphere anything else is gravy.

Yeah they were all Super pumped!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back