one of the best tools is not in your tool box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True dat

And for parts diagrams, shopping, research, calculator, flashlight, music while wrenching, browsing AF while wrenching.

It's very handy.

It even makes calls and sends text messages, emails etc…
I forgot it does that too 🤪😆

Just don't use it as a hammer.

Seriously though, I usually take progress photos of my projects. I don't always use the photos in AF etc but at least I have them for reference on my phone.

Last edited:
, its your phone . when you take something apart take photos , a lot of photos you can always delete the
with you 100%. Goes well beyond RC. We still have cars with rear drum brakes in the fam.. Once I manage to get the drums off, I always take pictures of the springs before tearing into it to replace the shoes. And anytime doing anything electrical, I always take pictures of where the wires are located etc to make it easier to put things back. The list goes on and on.

I forgot it does that too 🤪😆

Just don't use it as a hammer.

Seriously though, I usually take progress photos of my projects. I don't always use the photos in AF etc but at least I have them for reference on my phone.
Wish I had seen this thread a little sooner 😒
1662510615238.jpeg

with you 100%. Goes well beyond RC. We still have cars with rear drum brakes in the fam.. Once I manage to get the drums off, I always take pictures of the springs before tearing into it to replace the shoes. And anytime doing anything electrical, I always take pictures of where the wires are located etc to make it easier to put things back. The list goes on and on.
+1. I use it all the time at work like you said. Also to get photos of data plates to get serial numbers etc.

Definitely. Memory is good. Memorex, is better.
1662511141059.jpeg

Always 2014 in your world.
It's kind of become my signature and I wouldn't have it any other way at this point. When the calendar rolls over to 2015 I'm gonna set it back to 2014 :LOL:

Definitely. Memory is good. Memorex, is better.

How many times have you been so deep into something you're so convinced that you could never forget how it goes together. 3 weeks later when the part that you need comes in, OMG how did it go together ? You tell yourself "I'll never make that mistake again". 6 months later, rinse and repeat. (but no longer, I've finally broken the cycle thanks to my phone)

How many times have you been so deep into something you're so convinced that you could never forget how it goes together. 3 weeks later when the part that you need comes in, OMG how did it go together ? You tell yourself "I'll never make that mistake again". 6 months later, rinse and repeat. (but no longer, I've finally broken the cycle thanks to my phone)
I have to admit, I have a really good assembly memory. That being said, if it's foreseeable that it will be a while before I'm able to get whatever it is up and running again, I'll reassemble sections of it and put screws in the holes where they belonged to help along the process when the time comes. Wiring is a different story though. That I will always take pictures of, even if I'll be putting it back together in short order.

I have to admit, I have a really good assembly memory. That being said, if it's foreseeable that it will be a while before I'm able to get whatever it is up and running again, I'll reassemble sections of it and put screws in the holes where they belonged to help along the process when the time comes. Wiring is a different story though. That I will always take pictures of, even if I'll be putting it back together in short order.

Sounds like you need a challenge. (I'm pretty decent too, as long as I put things away properly, which isn't always the case).

build_this.PNG

Same. When I tore apart the limitless donor for the GT build I just threw all the screws into one of those magnetic bowls. When I boosted the NB4 I took pics.

My next life I want a large room for every hobby with as much bench space as I want so things don't get disturbed. There might be a few other things I want too.
I feel ya bro. I'm gonna need a bigger room for that rocket engine :LOL:...and a bigger bench.

If you find it, I think I left out the washer in assembly step #2. Would you mind checking it for me?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back