Spectrum 6s esc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ice

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hello new to the Arrma forum and RC cars / trucks.

I have burnt out 2 spectrum 6s ESC’s. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong! Thinking about going to spectrum 8s esc because I don’t really want to change to many things! Other then finding a new hobby, suggestion on any other esc’s? Or any information about what to do?

Thanks
Ice

Hello new to the Arrma forum and RC cars / trucks.

I have burnt out 2 spectrum 6s ESC’s. Don’t know what I’m doing wrong! Thinking about going to spectrum 8s esc because I don’t really want to change to many things! Other then finding a new hobby, suggestion on any other esc’s? Or any information about what to do?

Thanks
Ice

What were the temperatures of those ESCs when they gave up the ghost?
Any photos.. Did they catch fire?

Welcome to the forum.Sorry to hear your troubles.I have the spektrum 8s in my felony and I’ve had no trouble.

Check out Hobbywing products.

Welcome to the forum.Sorry to hear your troubles.I have the spektrum 8s in my felony and I’ve had no trouble.
John what 8s esc spectrum model / part number are you running?

Also, drop the motor timing by half and don’t run the speed pinion. I’ve had really good luck with the Spektrum 6s ESC’s.

The 150 Firmas are 4S racing/heavy bashing ESCs IMO. Firma 160/HW max 6 for 3000+ watt motor output.

7067207A-13A8-4B83-BA11-ECA682ACCF49.jpeg

I added the pps mount so the motor will fit with the gearing I use.currently using a 44t pinion with the stock 46t spur.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back