Kraton Speed Kraton 6s with 13t pinion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Opua

Reaction score
The kraton 6s with the 13 T pinion, what speed does it reach? In general, what speed does one more tooth correspond to? I know that the kraton 6s with stock pinion reachs 86 kph

Not much speed at all with a Kraton 6s running a 13T.(n) In the 30's mph perhaps.:unsure: I Don't know in KPH, sorry. How do you know that the stock pinion will reach 86kph??
What is that stock pinion size you are running?
Invest yourself in a whole set of gears and a GPS Speed analyzer for legit real speeds.
You will find the speed for every gear. (y) Download a Gear calculator to estimate gear ratios and approx. speed. That's how it is done.
Every rig is different along with different Terrain, Traction, and tires/ tire rollout (diameter). Ballooning tires changes the equation for all rigs. Diff oil will even change potential speed.
So you really can't depend on what the next guy is running for his Pinion. My Kraton 6s runs 16t or 17t depending on ambient outside temps. I've hit the 50's mph. Doesn't mean yours will.:)
Just get a GPS and a set of pinions. Part of RC tools and all.

Not much speed at all with a Kraton 6s running a 13T.(n) In the 30's mph perhaps.:unsure: I Don't know in KPH, sorry. How do you know that the stock pinion will reach 86kph??
What is that stock pinion size you are running?
Invest yourself in a whole set of gears and a GPS Speed analyzer for legit real speeds.
You will find the speed for every gear. (y) Download a Gear calculator to estimate gear ratios and approx. speed. That's how it is done.
Every rig is different along with different Terrain, Traction, and tires/ tire rollout (diameter). Ballooning tires changes the equation for all rigs. Diff oil will even change potential speed.
So you really can't depend on what the next guy is running for his Pinion. My Kraton 6s runs 16t or 17t depending on ambient outside temps. I've hit the 50's mph. Doesn't mean yours will.:)
Just get a GPS and a set of pinions. Part of RC tools and all.
Stock kraton is a 12t and it does right around 50 out the box im pretty sure @SrC ??

The kraton 6s with stock sprocket (12T) would reach 86km / h, around 53.4mph, I mean paved road not grass or dirt, so I wonder how much an extra tooth (13T) can increase the speed. In this video (in italian) for example all stock (12T) reach 86 kph, see minute

The kraton 6s with stock sprocket (12T) would reach 86km / h, around 53.4mph, I mean paved road not grass or dirt, so I wonder how much an extra tooth (13T) can increase the speed. In this video (in italian) for example all stock (12T) reach 86 kph, see minute
Thats the exact mph ive managed to get on my stock kraton 6s V5 with 12 tooth.I tried the optional 15T and was a mile slower today.Not sure why.

Thats the exact mph ive managed to get on my stock kraton 6s V5 with 12 tooth.I tried the optional 15T and was a mile slower today.Not sure why.
Tire size change?? And Ballooning increases rollout hence more or less speed depending....
The 2050kv stocker has a sweet spot because of its torque limits across it RPM range At some point a taller gear/larger pinion can negate any speed advantage.. But a Mph give or take is technically consistent IMHO.

On a side note, the Noto comes with 13/16T pinions. I think because of the slight weight reduction of the Noto vs the V5 Kraton?? Noto is a hair faster always, if you can control that SWB it has.
I don't run stock Tall BF's or those poor excuse for a MT wheel/tire... CH2's. I run BF LP's and Truggy pins for the most part. With Less rollout, and way less ballooning. Hence some slower peeds. I use a GPS. I focus on speed performane more with my On road rigs. Running in the dirt , actual speeds are a moot point for me. Too much speed on the dirt can at some point make the rig uncontrollable. IMHO. Not to mention the extra uneeded temps along with less torque overhead for rotation control.

Edited.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back