Speed rig shock travel advice!!☢️

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a fair bit more suspension travel now with the PP shocks installed, I was just reporting my last known functional setup. Still waiting on a break in the weather to try them out though. The preliminary weather report for Mon-Wed this week is looking promising but I've seriously lost faith in weather forecasts so I'm not getting my hopes up until later in the day tomorrow...it feels like they've gotten progressively less reliable over the last 1-2 years...am I the only one who feels this way or are others seeing this as well?
I'm seeing it your way also.weather is very unreliable..I don't ever trust what they say.very fustrating.

Too much rake will make the nose nose dive and scrape under load and when braking. So the more rake you go for, I feel the more stiffer the front needs to be. There needs to be that comfortable balance. No 2 rigs are alike. We can only speak of the fundamentals here. The rest is trial and error what works best for you, and the terrain in front of you.
Good luck.

Too much rake will make the nose nose dive and scrape under load and when braking. So the more rake you go for, I feel the more stiffer the front needs to be. There needs to be that comfortable balance. No 2 rigs are alike. We can only speak of the fundamentals here. The rest is trial and error what works best for you, and the terrain in front of you.
Good luck.
+1
Not only are no two rigs alike, moreover, no two roads are even unaliker®. There's no way of knowing beforehand what exactly the suspension is going to need to be like to accommodate the road you're running on as it will behave in one manner at below 80mph and you may discover a very different behavior at speeds well beyond 100mph. A gentle rise and fall in the terrain can suddenly become a launching point that really upsets the car and any number of other such things.

As @SrC said, with some trial and error, you're sure to get a satisfactory suspension setup worked out @Senton_Prime. All in good time :) Don't rush it, just take it step by step. Don't make any large speed jumps and just keep climbing 4-8mph at a time and, somewhere along that path, you'll find your progress plateauing and that will be where the actual work begins as you try to figure out the cause and solution to pushing past those plateaus. Oh yeah, and don't forget to have fun along the way.

^^^Well said.
baby steps...adjust, then evalaute. Finding and using the Same exact stretch of road, makes for better and consistent evaluations each time. You will even find a big difference with hotter humid days versus cooler dry days. Road Surface temps have a big effect as well. Tires, tires tires....

Thanks guys, I agree 💯%.. just kind of wanted a run down of the basics or better yet a fundamental standard or common ground to work off of.. figured it wouldn't hurt to get lots of info and experienced advice from you guys and build a basis off that!! 😎

Thanks guys, I agree 💯%.. just kind of wanted a run down of the basics or better yet a fundamental standard or common ground to work off of.. figured it wouldn't hurt to get lots of info and experienced advice from you guys and build a basis off that!! 😎
Can't wait to see how she do :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back