Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rolleyes: ...... Does a long straight on a race track count?........

Yes as long as you don't put the car into those tires you stand by.... It will be interesting to see your experiences on foams. I tried 25 shore up to 38 shore. The 38 shore or purple foams are the ones good for high speed. If you run it on the bench you will see they "balloon" also, but more uniformly versus rubber tires.

Not the fastest pass to date but definitely the wildest pass I’ve had since building the car.
Spun all 4 tires as I asked for the last 10% of throttle and it got so far out of shape I have no idea how it stayed out of the grass because it touched both white lines on opposite sides of the road before finally sliding sideways to a stop. Tires scuffed up a bit, but they stayed down and never left the road so I’m thankful for that and calling it a day. I need to go back home and change my undies now ???
4C2C5F9E-7172-467B-9BC6-D8F61B534770.png

Moderate head wind and 56F outside on GRP S5 tires. Lesson learned ?

Baby steps with speed increase but it’s going in the right direction.
This was on my last set of new Hoons and it was planted. The next run will be on foams.

Now you gotta update your signature from 125mph...
Congrats on the new PB

Baby steps with speed increase but it’s going in the right direction.
This was on my last set of new Hoons and it was planted. The next run will be on foams.
That's inspiring; my goal for the end of this season is 135! Good stuff man ?

Now you gotta update your signature from 125mph...
Congrats on the new PB

Thanks and good point there....
That's inspiring; my goal for the end of this season is 135! Good stuff man ?
Thanks. I have set myself a target for the end of the year but if it takes longer to get there then so be it. Good luck with your goal!

I made two passes over the weekend with the Limitless on foams for the first time. I was using Sweep racing medium foams, and was nervous about running them but it went pretty well.. I had much better traction than I thought I would and had no crashes. Also got a best run of 125mph with plenty left in it, and most importantly the car felt pretty planted under acceleration which is what I was really wanting to see.. I would have done another run but traffic was getting heavy where I was so I called it a day. I’ll get out again next weekend and push for a bit more

7E69CAE1-F74A-4AAD-8E78-F5C1E19824A0.png

I made two passes over the weekend with the Limitless on foams for the first time. I was using Sweep racing medium foams, and was nervous about running them but it went pretty well.. I had much better traction than I thought I would and had no crashes. Also got a best run of 125mph with plenty left in it, and most importantly the car felt pretty planted under acceleration which is what I was really wanting to see.. I would have done another run but traffic was getting heavy where I was so I called it a day. I’ll get out again next weekend and push for a bit more

Nice!
I love the yellow lettering on the wheel/tire. Do you feel the traction is different between the BSR and Sweep?

Nice!
I love the yellow lettering on the wheel/tire. Do you feel the traction is different between the BSR and Sweep?
Thanks! The yellow lettering is a sticker that comes with the tires. I did notice a difference, I had much better traction with the sweep foams than with the BSR double pink I tried before. When I ran on the BSR’s I had to roll off the throttle because it would fishtail around under acceleration, but these Sweep foams hooked up and were pretty planted. I still wasn’t going all out but I could get the power down. This Toyota GT body makes downforce also so I’m sure that helped as well. I used the medium compound and they held up well after the run, no chunking or any issues. Now that I see I can run on foams reliably it’s a relief to not have to worry about blowouts! I’ll still use the hoons and GRP for anything under 100 mph but serious runs will be on these..

Thanks! The yellow lettering is a sticker that comes with the tires. I did notice a difference, I had much better traction with the sweep foams than with the BSR double pink I tried before. When I ran on the BSR’s I had to roll off the throttle because it would fishtail around under acceleration, but these Sweep foams hooked up and were pretty planted. I still wasn’t going all out but I could get the power down. This Toyota GT body makes downforce also so I’m sure that helped as well. I used the medium compound and they held up well after the run, no chunking or any issues. Now that I see I can run on foams reliably it’s a relief to not have to worry about blowouts! I’ll still use the hoons and GRP for anything under 100 mph but serious runs will be on these..
Probably not apples to apples comparison unless you test both with the Delta Plastiks body, but that is good feedback to know regardless.

Rewarded for my efforts this morning with 3 clean, straight passes that got progressively faster
DF9C8FBD-0FFA-45C2-A643-395C0DBE2F3A.jpeg
E4D6A306-C6DB-43C6-8EBE-D070A1DBF1B4.jpeg
1AF81D78-901B-435F-BCDE-A15ED5611A8D.jpeg
AF408590-B9AA-4F33-B47A-A8845C04FE9D.jpeg

Tempted to make a 4th pass but seeing how my goal for the day was breaking my previous best mph of 123 and I did that 3 times over, I’ve decided to pack it up and head back to the farm while I’ve still got a big grin on my face ?

Rewarded for my efforts this morning with 3 clean, straight passes that got progressively faster
View attachment 101945View attachment 101946View attachment 101947View attachment 101948
Tempted to make a 4th pass but seeing how my goal for the day was breaking my previous best mph of 123 and I did that 3 times over, I’ve decided to pack it up and head back to the farm while I’ve still got a big grin on my face ?
Man I wish I had a motor and a calm day. It’s been either windy or something every time I’ve tried to run the last two months. I need to feel that sense of accomplishment again. Happy for you ??

Back