Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree with Jon, all you need to go faster is more gearing. The BLX esc will get you into the mid 90's. An Castle ESC like the MM2 or MMX8s will take you past 100.
Also to prevent disaster with that pretty rig. Ditch the front bumper!!!!

View attachment 104232
I like this train of thought. So where do I make my next switch, pinion or spur? The current 25p 46s ran cool as a cucumber with my fan set up, so I know I have room to grow.

I like this train of thought. So where do I make my next switch, pinion or spur? The current 25p 46s ran cool as a cucumber with my fan set up, so I know I have room to grow.
I would go up on pinion until you run out of space in the mount. Then consider a spool with a smaller spur.

I would go up on pinion until you run out of space in the mount. Then consider a spool with a smaller spur.
Agreed, I don't think you have much more room there for larger pinions. Some infraction guys could chime in.
Many of us have taken the Typhon to 94-98mph so you should be able to do the same range.

Most were a final drive of 4.32 to 3.87
With your 46t spur that would require a 35+ tooth pinion... (likely wont fit)

She’s going straight as an arrow! Looking good so far ??
New tires definitely helped in the going straight department. Made about 10 passes, hitting 79 twice. "Scotty, we need more power!" "I'm givin' her all she's got Captain!"

Go on and get that 39t spur and spool setup

26-34T pinions too
Then the 34t spur

That’s where it’s headed
I’m just saying’ ?

@Notorious J
Did you look like my mom with a Nintendo controller? Waving it up and down trying to make it go faster! :ROFLMAO: ?
No, but you could here me yelling at it, "You can do it!".

Not a PB but getting back out is fun

T3SGT
6EA28ED7-5BB8-431B-BABD-728B274D8867.jpeg

Infraction 8S very first time out
EB158B3D-85AE-41AB-829F-CB1F8CDB5F53.jpeg

93656BDF-B4FA-41D0-ACBA-F3FAEBD6FDA8.jpeg

Not official as it landed in the field when the wind grabbed it. Tomorrow is supposed to be less windy.

Ok so I picked up a 1/18 scale rig.
Stock was 14 mph
After brushless upgrade 28 mph
In progress of modifying the motor plate and using a different slipper assembly. Goal is 50 mph

Stock was 14 mph
In progress of modifying the motor plate and using a different slipper assembly. Goal is 50 mph
Same result here with both the dynamite and HS motors running a 15T = 28mph. When bumped up to a 18t it hit a whopping 32mph, I’m thinking the 23T I just got will hit 38-40mph. Probably gonna need a 3s pack and a bigger pinon to get more out of it.
What slipper assembly did you find to work?

Same result here with both the dynamite and HS motors running a 15T = 28mph. When bumped up to a 18t it hit a whopping 32mph, I’m thinking the 23T I just got will hit 38-40mph. Probably gonna need a 3s pack and a bigger pinon to get more out of it.
What slipper assembly did you find to work?
The slipper off the original mini t it also has a 55t spur. You will need the pads to go with it. Its 48p I picked up a 2mm to 1/8 reduction sleeve on the motor pinion which opens up a huge variety of pinion sizes. You do have to open the motor shaft slot to get anything larger then a 20 tooth to fit. I plan on maxing the dynimite system out then moving up to the castle mamba series for 3s to get to the 70mph mark. For a 1/18 that should be ridiculous fast. I see it taking off before that lol

Stock was 14 mph
Love to see it! I have been tempted to play with a WLToys 144001 or one of the 1/16 Traxxas vehicles

Batteries charging right now. I'm looking to break that 29 mph PB on this rig...?
So if we are going off scale speed @jondilly1974 that's like 990ish mph and if I hit 50mph that's like 900mph... wanna race to 1200 scale mph???

Last edited:
Back