Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two things. Glad you're okay considering what's happened in the past. Second, and this goes to all the speedrunners, why do you all use your 1:1 cars as a shield? Safety, sure, until I have to explain to my wife that I have a $1000 damage bill to my car from running into it with my rc toy. I noticed that almost all the top guys park their cars at the center point of the run. Great if you have room to park way off the running line, but I still don't understand the risk of damaging your daily driver. It might mean having to haul a ladder by hand, or standing further away from the line, but I just can't see myself using my $30K car as a shield. When I don't have much space, I try to park neat the start of the run, so there's not as much speed. I don't mind the walk knowing that I won't be having that conversation with my wife when I get home after putting a hole in my 1:1 car. Just saying.
Normally i would have aborted this run for being to close to the car. Split second reasoning why i didn't? It was only 3S, i guess, but mostly just overconfidence.

My car is a full-service company lease, daily driver assurance. As nice as it is, under these conditions it's just an object. If it was my own, it definately would be different.
There isn't much space at the roadside either. When someone else joins to watch, parking more cars it screws up my mental mapping.
Which does require some object nearby the road. Maybe it's just oddly me as I've not been able to see depth until 3 years ago. It's a point of reference i depend on. One or two traffic pawns probably would do even better now i got to think of it.

Liberty already menioned lazyness and accessability. If something goes wrong far away I need to be able to rush over there. Adds some necessity to the argument of lazyness.

So it all comes down again to location and it's conditions. This 1400ft road has many limitations. But it's close and always empty. My other options arent any better. Been scouting some more in Belgium though, worse road, but i have found 2 new potentials.

Last edited:
That's why I asked what he broke. I figured between the lot of us we should be able to get him back up and running again.
I still have to look it all over but as of now it's the rear wing supports, center wing and side wings, defuser mounts to the tower, front splitter and mounting piece, tires, possibly side skirts. At this point I'm tired of piecing it together over and over and am going to wait until I can afford the Scorched GT SPC chassis. Just sucks as I really wanted to atleast hit my goal of 160 this year and definitely not going to happen now.

I still have to look it all over but as of now it's the rear wing supports, center wing and side wings, defuser mounts to the tower, front splitter and mounting piece, tires, possibly side skirts. At this point I'm tired of piecing it together over and over and am going to wait until I can afford the Scorched GT SPC chassis. Just sucks as I really wanted to atleast hit my goal of 160 this year and definitely not going to happen now.
I have a set of Scorched CF side skirts I'm not using, a slightly overlength Infraction CF splitter I made myself, my original Infraction splitter and the rear wing from my Delta C7R Corvette that I could send you. I know I have an extra splitter mounting assembly here somewhere as well....just need to find it.

Edit: The other alternative I'd have is...I made a plexiglass copy of my Scorched GTC chassis and CF risers that I would be willing to part with. You can get a 400x300x4mm sheet of CF at Hobbyking for $52 (Link to CF sheet) and cut the chassis yourself. The aluminum bits you should be able to salvage from the original chassis. I don't know what your situation is, but I often find myself with more time than money and this would be a far cheaper way of getting the chassis. I also have a 1:1 PDF template for the SPC chassis so you could drill the holes accordingly. Yeah, it would be some work...just throwing some options out there for how we might get you back up and running again :)

But option number one would probably be the easier route.
1664925428322.jpeg

Last edited:
@Edough13. Count me in with @Diem Turner. Found this stuff. I may be wrong but I THINK one of the screw holes to mount the splitter is a little stripped from the factory. Nothing a longer screw and a nut wouldn’t fix.
B4788317-2A28-4B52-895B-53918F1D90F9.jpeg

@Diem Turner @LicketySplit I appreciate it more than I can put into words fellas! I should be able to cover shipping cost with my paycheck on Thursday. Let me know via PM cost to CA, 96114 and I'll shoot my address. I've also got parts for bashing and about everything else besides what I need for the Lim so let me know if I can return the favor also. Again I can't say how much I appreciate it guys now mainly leaves a set of foams unless I find other damage when I decide to tear everything down.

@Diem Turner @LicketySplit I appreciate it more than I can put into words fellas! I should be able to cover shipping cost with my paycheck on Thursday. Let me know via PM cost to CA, 96114 and I'll shoot my address. I've also got parts for bashing and about everything else besides what I need for the Lim so let me know if I can return the favor also. Again I can't say how much I appreciate it guys now mainly leaves a set of foams unless I find other damage when I decide to tear everything down.
Don’t worry about shipping. I got you. I spent a lot of money and keep crashing. I’m a crash away from having to wait until I have money to repair my car. I just drive tankers for a living. Good thing my road isn’t close. 🤣 I believe in good karma. Plus you shake as bad as me so I have to support my shake brother. 🤣😝

Anything 325mm long an 310mm wide.....I run the fc100 body an I needed narrower senton 6s to fit foams
@wadedog This will be my next body,hoping the big wheelwells will help with clearance. Would be a good 1 to try

Screenshot_20221005-081758_eBay.jpg

Last edited:
Overgeared???yes.have to check wiring,I think something de-sodered then came back enough for brakes the way the run sounds..or worn out esc can only crank out 584amps...made over 20hp thou.lol

View attachment 248139

View attachment 248140
@vwturbowolf what do you think of this log??just lost volts outa nowhere?????trying to figure out what happened 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️packs where holding voltage good till then

Something gave when the ripple skyrocketed....
Man thats strange, even when something gives out i wouldnt expect that much of a dip, exept for maybe an arc of some sorts which i guess is possible.

Back