Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was running 2 4s packs in series an series connector is good..think I'll replace every connector an gear down,try another,check log an replace esc if I think it needs it...this esc has over 150 hits on it,mostly lower volts ,but a couple overgeared 600a hits

After a long year and a half I was able to get back out!! This is the first solid hits w this rig since being rebuilt and being the first Mojave at 100 on 6s!! New PB!! I need a spotter bad!!
72FCBAAA-1080-4020-8BB4-6B8945A3AC57.jpeg
CAA8EA79-73CA-46E9-8873-8F39B94E49B9.jpeg
1892ED60-FEE9-4261-90EA-BC947A6EDC3A.jpeg
D7319B79-625B-4457-93B6-548937BA1177.png
3EFE0040-F7FC-4E41-A276-C814F93AD85E.png

Needs more room and a spotter!! I was barley into her!! 🤯😉😎

I was running 2 4s packs in series an series connector is good..think I'll replace every connector an gear down,try another,check log an replace esc if I think it needs it...this esc has over 150 hits on it,mostly lower volts ,but a couple overgeared 600a hits
After a long year and a half I was able to get back out!! This is the first solid hits w this rig since being rebuilt and being the first Mojave at 100 on 6s!! New PB!! I need a spotter bad!! View attachment 248331View attachment 248332View attachment 248333View attachment 248334View attachment 248335
Needs more room and a spotter!! I was barley into her!! 🤯😉😎
That’s awesome man. Great work.
I ran this body on a drift infraction that I had up to 110-120 last year just goofing around.
I remember when I first tried and didn’t cover the windshield the truck parachuted into the air at around 100, it was the funniest slowest landing crash 😂

Love em both @WoodiE. Will you be producing stickers for all the different milestones of speed, ie: 100, 110, 120 etc.?
I wasn't going to do multiple speed numbers mostly due to demand and cost. For decent pricing I need to print 100 or more of each set. Having 100 of each speed mark (100,110,120,130, etc) would one be costly and I'm not sure we'd actually have the demand for 100 of each speed.

120MPH seemed like a good "hall of fame" speed. Not everyone is hitting that number, but those that do would have a "badge of honor".

I'm open to printing sets, but I'd have to check with the printer to see what that would run and about lower quantities. Or we could look at still doing a single speed but lower or higher that number if you guys feel the need to change from 120.

Reminder for speed runners

View attachment 248414
I can attest to this. I'd also add to not make a lot of changes at once. Makes it harder to figure out EXACTLY what you like. Wanna run a GT body? Go for it. Just put the body on and run it. One change at a time. I hit 132 very easy on open wheel. Now I have to back up and punt since I made too many changes. I'm cool with that except for the crashes. Lol. The technical aspect is what I love about speed running anyways.

I finally did it 😀😀😀😀 I broke that barrier just a few moments ago with my pseudo Vendetta. (Originally Infraction mega)

View attachment 248382
Great work!! 100mph barrier is a huge achievement
Did you figure out anything with the setup that could have caused that issue??
It got me stumped a little.
I’d kind of start from square one and look everything over on the car.
I would also run the exact same setup again to see if it happens again, then maybe change one thing at a time.
If it happens again, run different batteries, then go from there.

Have you checked where the wires attach to the cells in the pack?

I can attest to this. I'd also add to not make a lot of changes at once. Makes it harder to figure out EXACTLY what you like. Wanna run a GT body? Go for it. Just put the body on and run it. One change at a time. I hit 132 very easy on open wheel. Now I have to back up and punt since I made too many changes. I'm cool with that except for the crashes. Lol. The technical aspect is what I love about speed running anyways.
I agree totally. All the rainy weather I had here gave me too much time to think and tinker with my car. I knew better but couldn't resist. Now I don't know what had a positive effect or negative.

I agree totally. All the rainy weather I had here gave me too much time to think and tinker with my car. I knew better but couldn't resist. Now I don't know what had a positive effect or negative.
Glad I'm not the only one. Lol. I'm gonna hopefully do some 6s passes on 8s gearing this weekend with GRP's to get back to a baseline. If I like how it goes I'll continue to do some more 6s passes even though I'll want to go 8s. I also plan to test some xxpink BSR's just to see how they handle compared to purples. It may be my road that doesn't like purples. I dunno.

@LicketySplit got some numbers hommie!
What's the biggest difference between foams and grps as far as the way the car drives? Been thinking about getting some even though it's not nessasary for my speeds just to give it a go. Plus they are substantially lighter it seams.

What's the biggest difference between foams and grps as far as the way the car drives? Been thinking about getting some even though it's not nessasary for my speeds just to give it a go. Plus they are substantially lighter it seams.
I can only speak for BSR purples on my particular road. On my new build I was testing making corrections at lower speeds (~100mph) so I knew what to expect. The ass end of the car would just start sliding sideways or spin out. GRP's just stick. This is just my personal experience so take that for what it's worth. I still have more testing to do but those are my initial observations. Once I know the car is dialed in I'll go back to foams. I've had a few GRP blowouts so when doing a full pass my butt puckers a bit. :p

This was my first time w the foams! From my experience since I’ve had just about every speed run wheel / tire, the foams are smoother. Grip is about the same if not better than grps.

As @LicketySplit was saying, foams will slide in places where GRPs don't but, from my own observations, this is more of a thing at lower speeds. You definitely don't want to use foams if there is any moisture at all on the road as they get really slippery under those conditions. But if it's dry out, you can feel it when the car gets aerodynamically locked in by downforce. Depending on the body, there's a certain speed threshold where the car gets glued to the road and it's almost as though the car "clicks" into place. It's kind of hard to describe but you can see it and feel it in the way the car behaves.

More info about your car and I can get you on the speed list.
I just barely got into the triple digits but sure. What info do you need for it?
Infraction mega, turned into vendetta
all spektrum electronics 150a esc, 3900kv motor, 6200 rx, 651 servo gearing is 0.8 mod 22pinion 47spur using the hr slipper eliminator, hoons elevens tires

Last edited:
I just barely got into the triple digits but sure. What info do you need for it?
all spektrum electronics 150a esc, 3900kv motor, 6200 rx, 651 servo gearing is 0.8 mod 22pinion 47spur using the hr slipper eliminator, hoons elevens tires
What cells where you running? (wow i did not need that but thanks)

You still using .8 mod, I was about to order the eliminator but thought I had to swap to mod 1.. I have a ton of .8 pinions, what spur did you go with, is it the HR one!?

I wasn't going to do multiple speed numbers mostly due to demand and cost. For decent pricing I need to print 100 or more of each set. Having 100 of each speed mark (100,110,120,130, etc) would one be costly and I'm not sure we'd actually have the demand for 100 of each speed.

120MPH seemed like a good "hall of fame" speed. Not everyone is hitting that number, but those that do would have a "badge of honor".

I'm open to printing sets, but I'd have to check with the printer to see what that would run and about lower quantities. Or we could look at still doing a single speed but lower or higher that number if you guys feel the need to change from 120.
Would there be a way where people can sort of order them through the merch tab on this site and it would pass the order to the printer guy and he ships direct? This way you don't have to mess with buying in bulk...

Back