Speed Runners ~ How Fast Did You Go Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say no more my friend, I'm gonna her hell next run.
Rpms look close to flat,bet pack will recover with longer wot..for a single pack to hold 13.6v at 131 is amazing

Screenshot_20221215-190334_Chrome.jpg

🫣

rather go that route rather than just using turnbuckles.
Me too. But I was asking because if he is then I’d recommend using the nylon washers under the shock piston to lower the front. Then you don’t have the arms flexing after the droop screw.

Me too. But I was asking because if he is then I’d recommend using the nylon washers under the shock piston to lower the front. Then you don’t have the arms flexing after the droop screw.
Yeah using droop screws. Can you explain the washer thing to me. I'm not too bright so pictures may help 😬

Yeah using droop screws. Can you explain the washer thing to me. I'm not too bright so pictures may help 😬
James McCoy gos there the process of how he does his shocks like this in his v2 build vid I believe. Part #'s an all...his setup has little to no travel..

I don’t have anything taken apart at the moment. But I’ll probably be doing this on the new build tomorrow. I’m sure you know you can take apart the shock. Buy THESE and insert them UNDER the shock piston. The circular black plastic thing that you see when filling the shocks with oil. How many is dependent on your setup. I’d add 2 under each front piston and then check ride height. If height is good take cap off and fill with oil. Hope this helps.

Edit: My LHS carries the spacers so check with yours before you order. May be able to get them quicker.

I don’t have anything taken apart at the moment. But I’ll probably be doing this on the new build tomorrow. I’m sure you know you can take apart the shock. Buy THESE and insert them UNDER the shock piston. The circular black plastic thing that you see when filling the shocks with oil. How many is dependent on your setup. I’d add 2 under each front piston and then check ride height. If height is good take cap off and fill with oil. Hope this helps.

Edit: My LHS carries the spacers so check with yours before you order. May be able to get them quicker.
Pretty good explanation. Do believe I understand. Thanks bro

Here's what a ton of tension an droop do to your chassis..if drop screw falls off chassis ear,,,instant crash..so buy good long droop screws.go get them to tight or you'll strip threads that hold droop in a-arms,an crash.then ya need aarms...also watch for aarms bending from all the tension on them...lol

16712470093607500666359529528792.jpg

16712470371836008239852248140898.jpg

Here's what a ton of tension an droop do to your chassis..if drop screw falls off chassis ear,,,instant crash..so buy good long droop screws.go get them to tight or you'll strip threads that hold droop in a-arms..then ya need aarms...also watch for aarms bending from all the tension on them...lol

View attachment 263156

View attachment 263157
Exactly why I stopped using them and went to the spacers. All setup I get a few millimeters of travel and zero blow overs.

Exactly why I stopped using them and went to the spacers. All setup I get a few millimeters of travel and zero blow overs.
Ya ,but what do a few millimeters do for ya at 100++mph when cars got so much downforce on it that shocks are bottomed out an ya actually got zero travel at speed..I just quit useing shocks a long time ago after all these issue an I'd break a shock on every single crash..50$ for a set of shocks after every crash got old..if they didn't break I'd bend the shaft everytime...zero issues running 5 cars on multiple rodes after 100s of hits..works for me an ill never buy another shock.deletes tons of possible issues with tuning car to go straight..I got a azzload of shocks if anybody wants them. I'll never waste my time an money on shocks again.they cost me alot time,funds an good #'s before I deleted them..just my opinion though

Ya ,but what do a few millimeters do for ya at 100++mph when cars got so much downforce on it that shocks are bottomed out an ya actually got zero travel at speed..I just quit useing shocks a long time ago after all these issue an I'd break a shock on every single crash..50$ for a set of shocks after every crash got old..if they didn't break I'd bend the shaft everytime...zero issues running 5 cars on multiple rodes after 100s of hits..works for me an ill never buy another shock.deletes tons of possible issues with tuning car to go straight..I got a azzload of shocks if anybody wants them. I'll never waste my time an money on shocks again.they cost me alot time,funds an good #'s before I deleted them..just my opinion though
Once downforce locks the car in it’s not as big of a deal. Until then it’s nice to have a little travel. Just speculation on my part but I’d assume there’s a reason all the big dogs are running shocks.

Once downforce locks the car in it’s not as big of a deal. Until then it’s nice to have a little travel. Just speculation on my part but I’d assume there’s a reason all the big dogs are running shocks.
I agree,hardly no one doesn't run shocks..from my experience an crashs,blowovers my roads do best w/o them..I do ALOT of runs,probly much more than most people so no shocks work best for me...any more when I crash from from petty stuff that I didn't do correctly or something outa my control like grps exploding or a blowover,or anyone of those shock issues an I can eliminate any of those petty things from happening I'll do it.ive stripped drop threads in aarms an droop pushed through arm an I crashed hard tearing up stuff.ive also had droops slide off chassis ears during passes a few times an crashed hard,same with blowovers an now this season it
hasn't happened once..an all my cars went laser straight all season except my plastic chassis cars an there cheesy steering rack..I did have 1 blowover this season from hitting something in the road.i wouldn't preach anything I didn't think improved my game..I'm 100% certain it helped me tremendously for my cars on my roads all season.i had far less crashs running faster doing well over 300 passes this season .improved my pb by 22mph in 1 month with zero crashs an about 25 hits with 1 car I couldn't control over 130 the previous yr. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️it worked for me I imagine it would work for others...although I'm right about 49% of the time on everything🤣😂

Back