Spektrum 3100 pin corrosion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoNoHarm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey all, just a little something I’ve never seen before. In my revo I run an aluminum yeahracing fan to cool my MM2. Issue is, since I swapped the receiver from a traxxas unit to the spektrum, that port the fan was connected to would corrode over time inside the fan’s connector. It got so bad that the fan started to stall out so I removed it and cleaned it a month ago, but it’s already coming back. I know with automotive battery cables it means that the battery acid is interacting with the terminal, but this is an RC receiver. What could be causing this? Partial short? No idea here.

Hey all, just a little something I’ve never seen before. In my revo I run an aluminum yeahracing fan to cool my MM2. Issue is, since I swapped the receiver from a traxxas unit to the spektrum, that port the fan was connected to would corrode over time inside the fan’s connector. It got so bad that the fan started to stall out so I removed it and cleaned it a month ago, but it’s already coming back. I know with automotive battery cables it means that the battery acid is interacting with the terminal, but this is an RC receiver. What could be causing this? Partial short? No idea here.
Put some dielectric grease on it to keep the oxygen away. It should prevent the corrosion as it usually requires air.

Put some dielectric grease on it to keep the oxygen away. It should prevent the corrosion as it usually requires air.
?‍♂️ You know what I have done dielectric grease laying around from those defective denso coils I installed. Not sure why I didn’t think of this... great idea!!

Grease will definitely help, my guess you have 2 different materials on receiver pin and your connector. Most likely the plating has come off your connector contact. Receiver pins are typically not plated i.e they are not the issue. A little humidity and current will do the rest.

Grease will definitely help, my guess you have 2 different materials on receiver pin and your connector. Most likely the plating has come off your connector contact. Receiver pins are typically not plated i.e they are not the issue. A little humidity and current will do the rest.
That makes sense. I’ll throw grease on and call it good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back