Spektrum s2100 and Spektrum batteries not charging - help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagmanm22

Reaction score
These batteries have sat for nearly 1 year. They were only used 3 times and put in storage charge after the last use. Are they ruined? I bought this charger and batteries because I thought they would be easier to use. Any help

Video Link

Video is sideways and blurry I cannot make out what the display says. What does it say when you try to charge? Do you have an external lipo checker to check the voltages of the cells? Or do you have a multimeter to check them?

If they get too low the lipo charger may not recognize. Sometimes you can bring them back to life charging as a NIMH slowly (maybe 1amp) until they get to a recognizable level. It's not the safest thing to so...... google it and hope for the best. Keep a fire extinguser handy. lol. Good luck!
atomic bomb explosion GIF

Video is sideways and blurry I cannot make out what the display says. What does it say when you try to charge? Do you have an external lipo checker to check the voltages of the cells? Or do you have a multimeter to check them?

I don’t know what that happened, try again I made a new video and I think it should be easier to see.
I do have a multi meter. I just checked following the video you posted and they seem to read around 0.20V if I’m doing it right.
Thanks! If I ruined these by some fault of my own, I’d rather buy new ones than burn my house down trying to fix, but what did I do wrong, so I don’t do it again?
Link

I don’t know what that happened, try again I made a new video and I think it should be easier to see.
I do have a multi meter. I just checked following the video you posted and they seem to read around 0.20V if I’m doing it right.
Thanks! If I ruined these by some fault of my own, I’d rather buy new ones than burn my house down trying to fix, but what did I do wrong, so I don’t do it again?
Link

Don't buy Spektrum lipos is the only advice I can give. Letting them sit on a storage charge for a year should not kill them. I have had lipos sit in storage for over a year and the cells were still at 3.8v per cell.
If they get too low the lipo charger may not recognize. Sometimes you can bring them back to life charging as a NIMH slowly (maybe 1amp) until they get to a recognizable level. It's not the safest thing to so...... google it and hope for the best. Keep a fire extinguser handy. lol. Good luck!
atomic bomb explosion GIF
At 0.20v I wouldn't even tempt that.

Last edited:
Oh yea .2v recycle them! In fact without knowing cell voltages never just apply voltage to try and boost them, you are asking for trouble.

This is one reason I do not like batteries with a built in BMS. That circuitry needs power to operate, albeit a small amount, but over time it will drain a battery. Happens all the time, even with stuff like drill batteries.

I have a couple old "dumb" flight batteries that have been in storage charge for 3 years. Guess what, they are still sitting at 3.8volts per cell.

Don't buy Spektrum lipos is the only advice I can give. Letting them sit on a storage charge for a year should not kill them. I have had lipos sit in storage for over a year and the cells were still at 3.8v per cell.

At 0.20v I wouldn't even tempt that.
What batteries would you replace them with? This is my normal, I’ll use them for a while and then then will sit for months unused. Thanks

What batteries would you replace them with? This is my normal, I’ll use them for a while and then then will sit for months unused. Thanks
Since you don't run very often probably some Amazon cheapos with EC5 connectors so you don't have to get a new charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back