Spektrum S2100 Charger Not Charging to 4.2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Just got a new charger and after it’s 100% complete I noticed about a half hour later when I plug it to the Smart checker my battery says it’s 96%. Is that normal? My last charger which was the cheap spektrum S1 50 I believe I did the same thing and it was still at 4.2 V 100% charged. Is this normal am I doing something wrong? By the way I do have it set to charge all the way to 4.2 V

The Smart LiPos have an auto-storage charge feature that discharges the LiPo. Normal LiPos can slowly lose voltage after a bit of sitting around which is why you have to storage charge it every once in a while when it's at storage charge.

Sounds like the battery and not the charger. Also compare other batteries as well as non-smart for comparison.

^^^
+1
Lipo is probably the issue. If this is even any issue at all.:rolleyes:
And normal IMHO, for most lipo's to lose voltage at rest. Some more sooner than others. Usually tired or well used lipo's will do this. Especially as IR's increase with a high cycled Lipo.
I wouldn't worry about it too much.
And lipo checker voltages and Chargers usually measure differently anyway. There will be voltage variations. Nothing is perfectly calibrated equally, voltage wise.. From device to device.

Last edited:
Sounds like the battery and not the charger. Also compare other batteries as well as non-smart for comparison.
We checked another smart battery and pretty much the same thing. I do not have any non-smart batteries to compare against

We checked another smart battery and pretty much the same thing. I do not have any non-smart batteries to compare against
Interesting....

Still be a good comparison if ever test a regular battery all I charge with my S2100

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back