Typhon Spektrum SR215 Receiver Antenna wire ripped off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cfelix10

Reaction score
After some searching I couldn't find my answer...

I ripped the antenna wire on my SR215 receiver and now my range is roughly 50 yards and then it cuts out. Almost crashed my new TLR last night because of it..

Anyone have a link or know where I can get a replacement wire? The receiver is brand new, so I'd rather not replace it if I can help it.

Thanks!

A new SR215 is only $35. The cheapest Spektrum Rx they make. Not tragic.;)

But you can Open up the Rx case and see what kind of connection the Coaxial antenna uses at the PCB. Should be unpluggable like most Coaxial antennas are.
Just confirm the connection type and length of the OE antenna, and buy the closest length and exact connector that matches. Slightly longer antenna is better if not an exact match. I would Not Cut to length. Me personally.

Below is just an example, and not necessarily what will work for the SR215.
You will be spending $10-$15.. for a batch of antennas. Your call.

https://www.amazon.com/BINYEAE-Receiver-Aircraft-Replacement-Compatible/dp/B07V4RCN6Y/ref=sr_1_22?crid=3H5WR25BN98ED&keywords=spektrum+sr215+antenna&qid=1654171359&sprefix=spektrum+sr215+antenna,aps,49&sr=8-22

>>>Damage to your antenna was most very likely from user error. An avoidable mistake, IMHO.

>>>Always use an Antenna tube cut to exact length of the ant. using the Rubber End cap to protect the antenna. Antennas are very delicate when unprotected as you can see.
The last 10-15-20 mm of the antenna lead is the Actual antenna( unshielded part of the Antenna) FWIW. And this part should be pointed UP for best range performance.

Last edited:
https://www.amazon.com/Receiver-Antenna-Futaba-Flysky-Replacement/dp/B0743B56QZ

150MM length(roughly 6 inches) is the longest I could find, it's probably shorter than your stock antenna length, as the antenna length on my SR315s are around 9 inches, still 6 inches may work for you.
I believe for signal, the important part is the exposed length, my SR315 antenna has an exposed length of 1.232 inches or 31.29mm, I'm betting yours will need to have a similar amount of exposed length.
The connectors on these I have no idea if will fit our receivers or not, I've never had one apart, I don't know if they use a connector like this or are soldered directly to the board or what.

Also like SrC said, I think it definitely makes more sense just to get another receiver...... yeah it sucks that this happened to a new receiver, but I think I'd rather pay the $30-$40 for a new receiver than bodge a repair and potentially spend alot more on replacement parts for my car when it goes wacky because I decided to try and repair it myself.

Having said that, the receiver doesn't have to be a total loss, you can still use it with an RC-USB adapter for playing VRC Pro.

Last edited:
^^^+1

I would eat the minor $Loss$. Chalk it up to a learning Experience, one that won't happen again if you use an Antenna tube properly, and move on.
The last portion/section, the actual antenna, matters in length. This is the "Tuned" portion of the antenna designed by Mfr.

Yep. Or alternatively pick up a SR315/SLT3 combo from Jenny's for $28.97. The SR315 has an extra channel, a longer antenna wire (for easier routing) and is dual protocol (SLT and DSMR). Less than an SR215 and you get a spare SLT3 transmitter.

^^^ Good find.(y)
That's the ticket right there!

Like @Engineer said, the best way to go. Absolutely.(y)

But please get yourself an antenna Tube and rubber cap, if you don't have one already, or if your Dog ate it.:giggle: Reduce the risk of damage 99% of the time.

I see many guys don't even use them. The bare antenna just laying loose on the chassis and all. Some new rigs out the box don't even have them installed, just sitting in the box loose or missing altogether.
Don't get me wrong, even if using an Antenna Tube properly, antenna can get mangled if serious carnage permits. Crap happens. Been there.

Last edited:

But you can Open up the Rx case and see what kind of connection the Coaxial antenna uses at the PCB. Should be unpluggable like most Coaxial antennas are.
Just confirm the connection type and length of the OE antenna, and buy the closest length and exact connector that matches. Slightly longer antenna is better if not an exact match. I would Not Cut to length. Me personally.

Below is just an example, and not necessarily what will work for the SR215.
You will be spending $10-$15.. for a batch of antennas. Your call.

https://www.amazon.com/BINYEAE-Receiver-Aircraft-Replacement-Compatible/dp/B07V4RCN6Y/ref=sr_1_22?crid=3H5WR25BN98ED&keywords=spektrum+sr215+antenna&qid=1654171359&sprefix=spektrum+sr215+antenna,aps,49&sr=8-22

>>>Damage to your antenna was most very likely from user error. An avoidable mistake, IMHO.

>>>Always use an Antenna tube cut to exact length of the ant. using the Rubber End cap to protect the antenna. Antennas are very delicate when unprotected as you can see.
The last 10-15-20 mm of the antenna lead is the Actual antenna( unshielded part of the Antenna) FWIW. And this part should be pointed UP for best range performance.

Adding to this you should never cut the antenna to length ever all you are doing is ruining the antenna or the receiver itself.

Thanks for the input. I actaully damaged the wire myself trying to get it into the tube. I didn't think it would matter much, but it obviously does.

Like @Engineer said, the best way to go. Absolutely.(y)

But please get yourself an antenna Tube and rubber cap, if you don't have one already, or if your Dog ate it.:giggle: Reduce the risk of damage 99% of the time.

I see many guys don't even use them. The bare antenna just laying loose on the chassis and all. Some new rigs out the box don't even have them installed, just sitting in the box loose or missing altogether.
Don't get me wrong, even if using an Antenna Tube properly, antenna can get mangled if serious carnage permits. Crap happens. Been there.
Yeah, my typhon antenna tube was loose in the bottom of the box when it came. Didn't find it till after I'd already ordered some from amazon 🤨

After some searching I couldn't find my answer...

I ripped the antenna wire on my SR215 receiver and now my range is roughly 50 yards and then it cuts out. Almost crashed my new TLR last night because of it..

Anyone have a link or know where I can get a replacement wire? The receiver is brand new, so I'd rather not replace it if I can help it.

Thanks!
You can't find replacement wires. They have 3 parts of the wire soldered into 3 tiny holes. Don't sell replacement wires. Also if you broke off the thin part at the top of the antenna No problem..you can cut the outside of the existing wire away . Remove the plastic and the mesh metal stuff underneath.. you basically want to make it the same size it was where it looks like new just shorter. They will work fine like this. I've done this on the same antenna a couple times to where there was like an inch left. They work fine. No antenna no good. I race boats. With the older dsmr we would have to run antennas out of boat . These new ones work great even work through carbon fiber boats..

Back