Spektrum STX2 alternative - any suggestions (to be used on Granite 3s BLX)?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I went for Futaba 3PV in the end. Had my first run today, and... oh boy the difference compared to STX2! A wise man (someone on the forum) once said - "Unless you try something else you won't know how bad STX2 is"...and how right he was!

I may have gone for the FS GT5 if I did not have to wait until early/mid June to get one... c'est la vie!

Hi There,

I am a new Granite owner and RC enthusiast with very little experience. I love my stock granite and enjoy it greatly. Reading those posts make me wonder what I am missing compared to STX2? I mean what you are getting car controlling wise that STX does not have? I mean when I press accelerate car accelerates, turn left, turn right, there is very little delay if any at all. I don't mean functionality to be able to control multiple cars etc

Thanks Paul

Great question I think. I am also new, but I literally just switched so I have a "fresh memory" of STX.

From a layman's point of view, it is a bit hard to explain and perhaps it does come down to personal preference as well...

1) I was not a fan of STX's plasticky feel. It felt cheap in my hand and far from robust. That however is more of a personal thing. Some people don't care about this and there is no right/wrong.

2) Delay. We are talking milliseconds here and know it sounds funny and I don't have the "numbers" to prove it... BUT, I enjoy my Granite so much more since I changed the remote. The car feels more agile, nimble, responsive on turns etc. - better experience overall. Good word to describe the feeling is "smoother". I don't regret at all switching + best of all, I don't have that feeling "was it really worth it" - it was!

Yes, you can live with the STX (assuming it does not develop a fault), and it'll probably last for a while so it's not like you HAVE TO change it - I am talking about casual driving (if you are into racing - definitely change).

Ok, so I got the Futaba... (40% cheaper compared to DX5C, so it would suit me for the time being).

However, I have some trouble putting the truck in reverse now. It seems that many have had the same issue, not only with the 3PV, so was wondering if you had it as well after moving to it?

If so, did you fix it with the throttle trim (when TR Trim is at "0" reverse does not seem to respond...).
Did you re calibrate the esc after changing radios?

I don’t like the STX either with they bundled them with something like the DX3 or something. I thought Spektrum was all DSMR so was supprised to see fhss lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back