Squatters can own your Home/Property/Land & Sale it for Profit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn. I thought that was an ancient practice. But that's UK. Just me & my dog

Damn. I thought that was an ancient practice. But that's UK. Just me & my dog

It's "over there" at the moment..
Don't think it'll just stay over there though... Events seems to spread these days.

Not exactly the same occurrence..
But similar-

Yea, it's crazy. Many moons ago, for 10 years, I lead an eviction team for one of the Top 5 bank's Foreclosures, and squatters were the worst!

A lot of jurisdictions/Cities/Counties/States had squatter rights. All they needed was a bed and a pillow and we had to go through the entire court eviction process as if they were the homeowner, or offer them Financial Relocation Assistance [FRA] (which was anywhere between $500 & $2,500...higher in certain unique situations).

We used to joke that we were going to be professional squatters.....squat....get FRAđź’µ.....move out......squat at the next vacant property......get FRAđź’µ....move out... and on and on. :ROFLMAO:

Some areas of the country have strict Personal Property laws....if the occupant left any personal property of value behind after vacating, we had the court evict the contents. :rolleyes:

Why do Squatter laws exist? I have always found this the most dumb and time wasting things to deal with as a home owner.

Going through with an eviction notice and all takes a long time and seeing these YouTube video just gets me even angrier

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back