Big Rock Stearing not working

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmer101

Reaction score
Hi there

Recently i replaced the blx100 on my big rock .

This was working perfectly until I noticed the fan for the motor was not working.

As a result the motor overheated and the car stopped.

Anyways now the steering is not working at all . Please see picture

There does not appear to be any power going to the slr300 .. no flicking light for binding it again

Help!

Thank you so much
Simon
Here is how it is currently wired ..

I have removed the fan plug for now..

Attachments

• 16797689664338848063623522401288.jpg
    16797689664338848063623522401288.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 46
It's doesn't have power because you don't have the esc hooked to the receiver.. 🤷
Ps. What did you do with the old esc?.. I'm sure it's fine.. put a fan on it.. but if you don't want it let me know..👍

It's doesn't have power because you don't have the esc hooked to the receiver.. 🤷
Ps. What did you do with the old esc?.. I'm sure it's fine.. put a fan on it.. but if you don't want it let me know..👍
Good point! Ok next question I have lost the screws to secure the esc down and also to secure the lower button.. is there a replacement screw pack u can order please ?

Good point! Ok next question I have lost the screws to secure the esc down and also to secure the lower button.. is there a replacement screw pack u can order please ?
Yup, jennysrc.com as a fantastic resource for takeoff stock parts. Shipping runs between 6 and $10 so I tend to order any extra parts I need to maximize on that cost. Also, your ESC overheated if the car shut down. It has overheat protection, the motor doesn’t. The motor will go until it fries out but the esc will shut off if it hits to hit a temp.
So, are you sure the ESC burned out? It may still be OK.
https://jennysrc.com/collections/ar...s-tools-nuts-hardware-granite-senton-ar102711

Yeah.. the esc powers the rx, it plugs into channel 2.. servo plugs into channel 1.. any other accessories like fans plug into any other open channel..

I would also suggest Jenny's rc for a screw kit.. or hit the exploded view and order just the screws you need.. 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back