Vorteks Steering not centering- I feel like I’ve covered all the bases

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glitch

Reaction score
When I steer right (and subsequently let go of the wheel), the car goes mostly back but lingers with the wheels to the right for a while as it slowly drifts back to center- and this is in the air in the workshop. In real life, this means the car basically just veers right until I go left and manually correct it. Same for the other side.
I’ve:
Disconnected the servo and tested resistance everything is easy to move and smooth
recently put on a new 35kg Amazon servo and a brand new 25t servo saver from arrma
Installed aluminum pivot balls
Set endpoints ofc

Anything else I should do besides just messing around with settings and resets until the thing decides to stop being dumb?

Thanks!

When I steer right (and subsequently let go of the wheel), the car goes mostly back but lingers with the wheels to the right for a while as it slowly drifts back to center- and this is in the air in the workshop. In real life, this means the car basically just veers right until I go left and manually correct it. Same for the other side.
I’ve:
Disconnected the servo and tested resistance everything is easy to move and smooth
recently put on a new 35kg Amazon servo and a brand new 25t servo saver from arrma
Installed aluminum pivot balls
Set endpoints ofc

Anything else I should do besides just messing around with settings and resets until the thing decides to stop being dumb?

Thanks!

Sounds like you've still got some sort of binding in the steering..
I would double check Again that short linkage (&balls) between your servo savor and Ackerman bar.. make sure there's no friction.

You may want to remove the front wheels so you can Really tell if there's any friction going on..

Amazon specials are known not to re center well.

I’d consider this to be “normal” behavior.
Do you have any recommendations for powerful servos for the Vorteks under $50? I don’t care about speed, only torque. Thanks

I use futaba servos which are great but are obviously considerably more expensive. Promodelers are excellent but also out of your price range.

Hobbystars are supposedly pretty good but I have no experience with them…. GL

I have had great results with Hobbystar on Typhons and a Talion. RC Juice always has sales as well. Under $50 Very good customer service

What Tx are you using? I had something similar happen to me and it drove me bonkers. Turned out it was the foam covering on my Tx wheel was pushed in towards the Tx body and preventing the steering from returning to center properly.🤷

What Tx are you using? I had something similar happen to me and it drove me bonkers. Turned out it was the foam covering on my Tx wheel was pushed in towards the Tx body and preventing the steering from returning to center properly.🤷
stock! ill check that thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back