Vendetta When it hits you and you feel so stupid.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I’ve been running my 6s vendetta on 4s kraton chassis. I have been 92mph multiple times on 4s. When I switch to 6S it slowed down a lot. I just couldn’t figure out why and then all of a sudden I realized I was in parallel, not series. it’s so embarrassing. I should probably not post this. Once I fixed the battery configuration I did 102 mph before it shut off.
At this point I thought the car was going to crash and this would be the end of it, but somehow I got lucky with no steering no brakes and no throttle it goes unt it stopped and somehow it restarted and I drove it back to myself. At this point, I’m done with the vendetta and moving on to the limitless.

image.jpg

Last edited:
Well you got your feet wet and the speed bug bit you. Time to spend some coin now.
V2 Limitless all the way, absolutely. (y)

Well, I have a stock 6S system for now. I might try a stock 8S ESC. I would like to have a castle combo but it’s $500, and that’s a little steep. I think I’m going to look at running hobby wing set up max five and a 4990, 1650 KB motor.
no major modifications, and still going to haul ass.

Well, I have a stock 6S system for now. I might try a stock 8S ESC. I would like to have a castle combo but it’s $500, and that’s a little steep. I think I’m going to look at running hobby wing set up max five and a 4990, 1650 KB motor.
no major modifications, and still going to haul ass.
FWIW, I'd recommend to start saving your simoleons now because, you're probably going to hit the wall sooner than you think or like with Hobbywing ESCs in the speed running arena. There really is only one ESC for the long haul in speed running and that's the XLX2 (until the XLX3 comes out in Q3 2027). From experience I can tell you, don't bother with in between steps like an MMX8S. You'll be wishing you spend the $50 extra on the XLX2 2-3 weeks later. :)

But then just buy the ESC. You already have a motor or three the way it sounds and those will do just fine. No need to get a combo (though the sensored is kinda nice for start-up from standstill but it's really just a novelty and not necessary, strictly speaking).

Just checking in to say: I told you so 🤪

I had that exact same experience with the 130a spektrum on 4s. FWIW, as mentioned above by others, i don't think the issue is the vendetta. There are several folks on this forum pushing the vendetta into the 140's and 150's and beyond. I bet if you swapped in a proper ESC for speed running you'd see some pretty big numbers just by getting a solid 6s pass in.

I'm also the person that is attempting to speed run on a budget, so ymmv when taking financial advice from me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back