Kraton Steering slowness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucko1980

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Typhon 3s
I picked up a used kraton 6S v4 this week. I am running in on 4S as that is all I have for batteries at the moment. The steering is dreadful compared to my granite. the steering is sloooow and wide.

I am new to the 6S line of vehicles. it has the STX2. could that be causing the slow steering issues or should i be looking at the servo?

Any help is appreciated.

You definitely want to replace the Transmitter(Tx) asap! Literally anything else is better, cheapest you'll find that is actually really good is a DumboRC 4ch or 6ch for about $25-$40 depending on vendor. First check your Tx and make sure the Rate level for the steering range is turned up. St Rate on the Tx. If turning that up doesn't help then you probably want to look into replacing the servo, you can find some decent cheap servo on Amazon for about $20-$40 as well. Look in the 25kg - 35kg range! ?

You definitely want to replace the Transmitter(Tx) asap! Literally anything else is better, cheapest you'll find that is actually really good is a DumboRC 4ch or 6ch for about $25-$40 depending on vendor. First check your Tx and make sure the Rate level for the steering range is turned up. St Rate on the Tx. If turning that up doesn't help then you probably want to look into replacing the servo, you can find some decent cheap servo on Amazon for about $20-$40 as well. Look in the 25kg - 35kg range! ?

Thanks for the info. I use the dumborc 6ch on my granite and it is fantasic. I was going to look at a more expensive unit, but my kids and I share the RCs and I don't need them dropping a $175 transmitter.

Question about servos. when they fail, do they usually just die completely or do they get slow, etc...
and BTW the steering is turned all the way up.

They can do both and probably some things we haven't experienced yet! ?

I don't have as much knowledge with servos as some others here, they can just go out and they gradually go out. If you bought that Kraton used and it still has the stock servo from out of the box, you probably need to replace it.

They can do both and probably some things we haven't experienced yet! ?

I don't have as much knowledge with servos as some others here, they can just go out and they gradually go out. If you bought that Kraton used and it still has the stock servo from out of the box, you probably need to replace it.

Sounds good. I just found a link to check the pillow balls, mine were pretty tight, just took it out and its way better. the stx2 still sucks as there is a of delay. I will get a new radio soon and then servo.

thanks for your help.

Will probably need assistance picking out a servo. going to try to stay away from $100 units, but who knows.

Check the aluminum rack and the pivot points where the servo saver is and on the other side, in the steering too. If it's bowed it could be binding. The servo saver could also need tightened up. It's a pain on the V4 cause you have to shim the spring. A lot of people replace it with the earlier unit. Which can tend to loosen up but at least it's easily adjusted.

You can get a good radio for $25 or less. Dumborc x4

Servos are $25 or less. DS3225MG

Servo mount needs upgraded to aluminum. Depends on where you are, but there are a few decent choices

Servo saver needs snap rings added to tighten the spring.

You could do all of these for less than $100 and it would run like a top.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back