Limitless Stiffer springs, oil recommendation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right..taking 200 grams off a car that weights 8lbs it like 700lbs off a 1to1 drag car. Especially if speedrunning.takes energy to move mass...more mass ,more energy needed..these setups only have so much energy before you stop gaining speed an will show on castle logs.did a senton 8s with zero travel that weighted alot with huge 56mm motor,any kind of crash an everything broke....was too heavy,had tons of power thought.totaled it out at 113mph...probably build another for speed this year.
This thing was insane...too heavy thou
I loved how my 8S senton performed and I'm thinking of kicking up the kv a bit and lowering the pinion. PB 88mph officially but I did beat that several times. Last run hit 104mph before tire blew out and it went in a ditch. Lost my gnss too. Even went 6s on the 3s platform. That one REALLY surprised me. I was sure weight was WAY out of wack but she went straight full throttle and seemed to handle better than it did on 3s.
Post in thread 'What did you break today?' https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/what-did-you-break-today.8928/post-714301
Threw my BLX185 and TP4050 1700kv in 'er.

Got the springs today. Good thing I checked the shock oil since I had them off. Good lord they were low. Awesome springs, btw. I’ll still look into turnbuckles for the rear but these things should easily hold me over into the 150’s.

Not sure if ya seen these..23.5lb/in stiffest I've found

Screenshot_20220317-190755_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Not sure if ya seen these..23.5lb/in stiffest I've found

Screenshot_20220317-190755_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Bout them almost exactly a year ago..lmao

Yea. These things are stiff. I’d appreciate that.
These are much better with m4 won't strip as easy.id look for longer 15mm thou

Screenshot_20220317-192057_eBay.jpg

With longer ones that go throu arm all the way ya got the most support.cause screw will push sideways off of chassis tab an could cause crash.another reason I went to tbuckles cause so much tension with tabs An droops.i was wearing a hole throu chassis with droop

Last edited:

View attachment 206908
With longer ones that go throu arm all the way ya got the most support.cause screw will push sideways off of chassis tab an could cause crash.another reason I went to tbuckles cause so much tension with tabs An droops.i was wearing a hole throu chassis with droop
Awesome. Thanks!!

View attachment 206908
Found These
BF55C177-E5D7-40E7-9112-4D22DFFC4E16.png

Last edited:
Dammit sorry for bad info..I remember wishing they where longer,but I thought they there longer than stock....maybe u can use them on the front where there's not so much tension

Still wish the fronts were longer. When I set my droop they are pretty far down. No big deal. Always good to have all kinds of screws laying around.

Dammit sorry for bad info..I remember wishing they where longer,but I thought they there longer than stock....maybe u can use them on the front where there's not so much tension
Moot point anyways. Haven't had time to work on the car. That plastic in the control arm did NOT like the stiffer springs. Gonna need new arms since I can't set my droop now since the plastic is stripped out. Live and learn. I guess ill have to loosen up the spring tension some.

im telling ya,what your wanting to do wont be any diffrent than running tbuckles....check out how SLOW RC MIKE runs his cars on utube..i do the same thing....you have nothing but problems with stiff springs......id put some tbuckles on rear an run it at your spot slowly an see if it'll work for ya...gt body have tons of down force an ya don't want blowovers......cant remember how innavationrc has his SPARTEN GT car setup 0n utube....id check out his vidios also
with tbuckles ya get rid of droops,shocks,an all tension on chassis....takes 100ish grams off car...check out my media pics...i got some pics of mine with tbuckles

im telling ya,what your wanting to do wont be any diffrent than running tbuckles....check out how SLOW RC MIKE runs his cars on utube..i do the same thing....you have nothing but problems with stiff springs......id put some tbuckles on rear an run it at your spot slowly an see if it'll work for ya...gt body have tons of down force an ya don't want blowovers......cant remember how innavationrc has his SPARTEN GT car setup 0n utube....id check out his vidios also
I’m having issues with the front at the moment. What part number turnbuckle is a direct fit. I have some but the eyelet end won’t fit into the slot on the a arm. Think they’re old Traxxas ones.

What sort of behavior on the front are you wanting to change? What does it do or not do, and when?

cant remember what buckles ive used.check out bigrock 3s ones...you have to reserch lengths.most likely have to customize to fit standoffs....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back