Mojave Stretched talion conversion time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calebgilmore

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton 8S
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Mojave
  6. Notorious
  7. Outcast 6s
  8. Senton 6s
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
  11. Vorteks
  12. Voltage
I screwed up and cut the savage flux xl unbreakable body a little short when i built my stretched talion and it's bugged me ever since. Thinking i'll be converting it to a new big rock since i'll be 80% of the way there anyways. Already ordered the Fireteam carbon fiber towers and m2c stand offs. I also have a spare m2c bladderless shock setup i'll throw in the fireteam shocks the stretched talion is already running. I'll be swapping those, ordering the bumpers/body posts/body/side guards/tires and I should have a decently beefed up big rock. If i order through horizon it may end up costing me around $280, and if i wait for jenny's i may be able to save a little cash but it looks like they have started creeping up on most of their parts to be about what horizon charges or more for higher sought after parts.
I know there will be a body gap between the big rock body and the JBI chassis, and i may do what Curt suggested while he is working on a fix to the issue and drill/tap holes in the side of the chassis lip and screw the dirt guards into it for now. Don't know what i can or can't talk about with new stuff he's working on but there should be some cool things coming down the pipe real soon!

stretched talion.jpg

stretched talion2.jpg

The only new big rock part that showed shipped was the front bumper but this def appears larger than that! Hope it all showed up this morn. We’ll see when I get off work.

IMG_5870.png

Big oof, body didn’t come with any of the extra parts…

IMG_5896.jpeg

Update- ordered the rest of the parts to finish my gunmetal body and bought a complete red body on eBay a bit ago. Price is prob gonna be as steep on jennys I bet since this shop has been right in line with them. It was $159 plus $18.17 s&h and the taxes of course

IMG_6232.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back