Kraton Stripped Screws, correct screwdriver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmahelpmeplease

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Hey AF!

Im currently trying to remove the motor from my Kraton 6s as im going to install a Hobbywing combo.

Tried removing the screws from the motormount for the first time ever and they strippef straight away. I was using the correct screwdriver and i didnt do anything wrong.

Well, i don't know how to get the screws out now as they are very stripped. I need advice on how to remove them

Cheers

Cheap tools will strip screws you might have to bite the bullet and buy higher quality one MIP are good but they cost 15 a driver if you have a Dremel use it to make a deep line and use a flathead to get it out or use a stripped screw driver on a drill
edit: also use heat to loosen it

Cheap tools will strip screws you might have to bite the bullet and buy higher quality one MIP are good but they cost 15 a driver if you have a Dremel use it to make a deep line and use a flathead to get it out or use a stripped screw driver on a drill
edit: also use heat to loosen it
I used an expensive screwdriver so it cant really be that

Cheers

Get a Dremel & thin cutting wheel (wear Eye protection!) cut One slit into the remaining head -WITHOUT slicing the head in half ,of course- and use a large flathead screwdriver to try and back out the screw...
BUT First you need to put a torch to that to melt the Loctite that's holding those damn screws.
Ask me how I know.

Sorry I know have any pics...
I was Too Pissed Off trying to get those EXACT same screws off of mine ..
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/page-5#post-911523

Last edited:
Those pan head screws are made from low grade steel and are prone to stripping even with a good driver. As others said, a rotary tool and cutting wheel to slot them and then a large flat head screwdriver for removal should work. Replace them with cap or button head screws with washers if you don't want it to happen again.

You could allways grab it with a vice grip and slowly get it off
Screw had no chance against my anger. It is now loose 😇

1681321167116.jpg

If you break the tip off though your screwed
Pun intended????

OP, i would grab something cheap like this hex head screw in 18mm length:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/382843366239
Doesn't have to be stainless steel, regular carbon steel would work (is preferred) if you can find it. But would be plenty of gripping strength.
The other alternate is m4 socket head screw, you'll need a 3.0mm hex bit, but it's significantly more area to prevent stripping the screw.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/123297965237

Last edited:
Those pan head screws are made from low grade steel and are prone to stripping even with a good driver. As others said, a rotary tool and cutting wheel to slot them and then a large flat head screwdriver for removal should work. Replace them with cap or button head screws with washers if you don't want it to happen again.

The stock motor screws on theses rigs suck for sure. I've never had screws strip so easily as those things did even after hitting them with a torche.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back