Granite Stripping HD Input Gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhYcE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I purchased my Granite in December and since then I have stripped multiple HD input gears. I have the V3 Granite BLX. Does anyone else have this problem? Would there be something else causing this issue such as a sized bearing or something else?

Any input or thoughts would be appreciated.

Slipper is a possibility, also check bearings. If it's the rear check your motor mount if it's bent. Proper slipper adjustment is full tight and loosen 1 1/2 turns, not 1/2 turn as stated above 👆 that will just cause more issues as that is way too tight.

Thank you all for your input. I'll definitely go in and adjust the slipper clutch. If it is a bearing issue would it be the ones on the HD input or would there be other bearings I should be inspecting?

Check the input bearings and also check the slipper bearings. Have you checked your diff ring gear to make sure it's not chewed up also?

When I was new I destroyed quite a few input gears, diffs, and slipper hubs. Takes some getting use to. Once you’re dialed in, you’ll stop breaking stuff. Well at least the drivetrain.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back