Stupid RC Racing Kraton 8s inverted motor mount System

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My2000_Silverbullet

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I've just encountered a dilemma by virtue of lack of research so to speak. Long story short. I've gone and bought a new hobbywing Max 5 G2 combo with the 56118 1100kv motor and I've discovered that it's too long. Apart from the Vitavon chassis option costing huge $$$. I haven't found much else in the way of a solution to my problem.
I have come across a company called "Stupid RC Racing" offering an inverted bracket for the Kraton chassis but I'm mystified by the layout. For a starters it seems that you lose a battery tray with this layout. Instead an elevated platform designated for the ESC is situated where you would logically put a second battery tray.
Does anyone have any experience with this kit? I searched high and low and haven't been able to establish much information in relation to my issue.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
No experience with that stupid rc stuff.
I see the 1100kv is about 6-7 mm too long, that sucks. It would be cheaper for you to return the motor if possible and grab the older 800 kv ( it just fits) or the older 5687 motor.

cheers,
kev

There's a few guys running the 1100kv...I run the 800kv and still had to dremel some material away from the bell crank.

Are you running an aftermarket steering rack? That provides some extra clearance. It’s a real bummer how huge Hobbywing made the g2 1100kv.

Are you running an aftermarket steering rack? That provides some extra clearance. It’s a real bummer how huge Hobbywing made the g2 1100kv.
Unfortunately not. The more I analyse the size comparison between the 56113 which just fits apparently and the 56118. Has lead me to the conclusion that the additional length encompasses the bell end with the sensor wire component attatched to it. This has got me thinking whether some sort of Frankenstein hybrid system can be enabled so as to allow the 56118 motor to fit.

Screenshot_20230722_115649_Samsung Notes.jpg

Screenshot_20230722_115542_Samsung Notes.jpg

So the word is that M2C is working on a prototype steering bellcrank that will accommodate the new G2 motor. Ideally, I think this is a better proposition.
This leads me another potential conflict regarding fitment to a standard Kraton 8 S chassis.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back