STX2 Is Dangerous

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep the second run on my brand new notto and i cut it on and five seconds later it took off wide open for five seconds then stopped then went backwards. I wouldnt trust a stx2 no more than i would trust a fart.?

Iv had this sitting around for a while and was going to throw it into the infraction but after what happend yesterday, it’s going into the Kraton.
This is whats left of the rear left tyre. It happend so fast I didn’t even realise what happend. Thank god my kids weren’t around.

88274F5A-8E74-475F-ABCB-992895111619.jpeg

A8E7A896-0DF4-46EB-95F9-95529C0CF0DC.jpeg

Old news.
I’m making people aware of the issue.
People who just joined the forum yesterday may not have a clue about the TX.
Your trim is not set right.....
Possibly......... This is probably the second time in a year since iv owned the vehicle iv flicked this switch.
On N she runs fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iv had this sitting around for a while and was going to throw it into the infraction but after what happend yesterday, it’s going into the Kraton.
This is whats left of the rear left tyre. It happend so fast I didn’t even realise what happend. Thank god my kids weren’t around.

View attachment 115076

View attachment 115078

Possibly......... This is probably the second time in a year since iv owned the vehicle iv flicked this switch.
On N she runs fine.
That is true! I understand what @arrmadillo means by "old news", but really not many people know HOW BAD these radios are. Everyone know about the delay but not it taking off on you!

At least the new V5 models are coming out with better radios from what I've read
Hopefully....The STX2 has its lag issues but what happend in the garage yesterday was full on. Especially when you’re not expecting it. The car was out of control!!

View attachment 115076

View attachment 115078

On N she runs fine.
Keep it civil man. We have plenty of post for newcomers to get info on it. So relax it's Xmas.

Hello! I am pretty new to RC in general and I picked up a v4 outcast and I have this radio system. STX2 and I'm noticing a lot of lag, especially in reverse. Is there a user guide on how to adjust your radio?

Also I am interested in buying an upgraded radio transmitter and receiver, any suggestions? It'll only be used for this one truck. I don't mind paying a little extra for a nicer setup.

Hello! I am pretty new to RC in general and I picked up a v4 outcast and I have this radio system. STX2 and I'm noticing a lot of lag, especially in reverse. Is there a user guide on how to adjust your radio?

Also I am interested in buying an upgraded radio transmitter and receiver, any suggestions? It'll only be used for this one truck. I don't mind paying a little extra for a nicer setup.
I ran the STX2 for nearly a year. The delay issues didn’t bother me enough to swap the radio out. It’s when it becomes a safety issue like in the video posted is when it becomes a concern.
I ran a TTX300 with the Yeti XL. That radio wasn’t too bad or you can go the Flysky GT2. I haven’t used that TX before but it’s cheap and more than likely better than the STX2.

This isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but it's inevitable.
There's no fixing the delay (to my understanding) nor would I trust that radio, I honestly would suggest you look at something better.
I'm positive people have affordable and very good radios they can suggest, I was plagued with range issues until I bought a Futaba T4PM (also had an adjustable 3rd channel so I could run a torque limiter)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back