Outcast Outcast 6s EXB - What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the the sound...
Bzzzz Bzzzz Bzzzz all my Savox servos sit there and buzz.....

.... I sometimes fire up my four rigs that have the 1230sg... just for the sound!!! Mike

Last edited:
So, I am finding out that I'm slapping the chassis as I'm jumping off the ramp. What weight shock fluid would you guys recommend? I was thinking 70cst. Thoughts?

So, I am finding out that I'm slapping the chassis as I'm jumping off the ramp. What weight shock fluid would you guys recommend? I was thinking 70cst. Thoughts?

Yes.
And, More pre-load.

All my rigs hit/scrub/slap the ramp a little on take off. I just try to minimize as much as possible with pre load, thicker oil, and the M2C zrs kits. I need to open the fronts on my 6s Kraton because it was slapping hard yesterday.

All my rigs hit/scrub/slap the ramp a little on take off. I just try to minimize as much as possible with pre load, thicker oil, and the M2C zrs kits. I need to open the fronts on my 6s Kraton because it was slapping hard yesterday.

Oops. I said that incorrectly. I meant to say, that I'm slapping the chassis on the ground. After launching it. Please explain preload. Ty.

Oops. I said that incorrectly. I meant to say, that I'm slapping the chassis on the ground. After launching it. Please explain preload. Ty.
Slapping on landings is perfectly normal. Preload is the collar/spring adjustment. Screw the collars down to tighten the springs. The thicker fluid will help cushion the landings.

Thx for this.
Slapping on landings is perfectly normal. Preload is the collar/spring adjustment. Screw the collars down to tighten the springs. The thicker fluid will help cushion the landings.
Thank you for the explanation. I did not know that's what it was called.

My landings seemed to smash the chassis. Hence the question. I will screw down, and hopefully the thicker fluid will help. I know that there will be some slap. That's normal. For me it almost looked like it was a bit too much.

Thx for this.

Thank you for the explanation. I did not know that's what it was called.

My landings seemed to smash the chassis. Hence the question. I will screw down, and hopefully the thicker fluid will help. I know that there will be some slap. That's normal. For me it almost looked like it was a bit too much.
Check this out too..fwiw I use these with @Tex Koder 3d printed collars

Well I guess I'm starting to lose my marbles. I thought that I ordered a mmx8s w/ a 1717 1650kv motor a while back. But when I opened it, just now, I realized that the motor is a 1520 1650kv. Yesterday I ordered the same esc, and the motor is the 1717 1650kv. So, I got the motor coming for the OC. Question now? What the heck do I do with this mini version of the 1717?
I have a couple 1520s. They are fantastic in cars where you don’t want to ruin the handling with too much weight and power. Typhon, Talion, MT410, etc.

Please explain.
https://rsrc.biz/en/blog/quick-tutorial-6-complete-shock-pistons-guide-for-rc-cars-n82

How we (or most people) manage shocks for racing, is the general rule of thumb.

• Shock Pack - this manages how well your chassis will absorb sudden and sometime extreme forces the chassis will experience during a landing. This is all managed through pistons and the number of holes/size of the holes. Smaller/Less Number of holes = less path of least resistance for the oil to flow through. You can even read it about it here from another member that went through this revelation: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...eight-oil-have-you-found-works-for-you.38150/
  • Just arbitrarily adding heavy shock oil will slow down the overall shock movement and that goes both ways: compression and rebound. What you gain from adding heavier oil to “fix” (band-aid) your heavy landings will also exponentially slow down its rebound - those piston holes work both ways and the fluid has to force its way back through those holes for the shock to rebound. Shock rebound with heavier shock oil will delay the time it takes for the shock to fully extend out (i.e. tires touching the ground), which could cause the car to “hop” off the ground during landings and accelerating through rough terrain.
    • Example: 2000cst shock oil in the ARRMA Talion vs. 550cst shock oil in the ARRMA Mojave. The Talion‘s wheels and tires BARELY touch the ground through rough terrain if you watch in slow motion while the Mojave suspension absorbs and rebounds extremely quickly.
General rule of thumb for these type of bashers: keep the shock oil stock, but change out to ”smaller” pistons and let your suspension do what it was designed to do. If you add more "pack" to the shocks (smaller piston holes), you typically should also go to a lighter shock oil and vice versa. You have to find that balance.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back