Outcast Outcast 6s EXB - What would you do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trunkmonkey1

Very Active Member
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Nero
  8. Outcast EXB
  9. Talion
  10. Talion EXB
  11. Typhon 6s
  12. Typhon TLR
Hey all,

I was going thru some of my r/c's, and I located one of my first Arrma cars. I remember 'using' it a couple of times, then threw it on the back burner, and literally forgot about it. I think the reason I purchased it, was for bashing and jumping stupidly off of ramps. If memory serves me correctly, I don't think I got any higher than a foot and a 1/2. LOL

Now, its almost 2 years later and I'm thinking I wanna do something to it. It's 100% bone stock. I did replace 2 rear shocks, and a front passenger A arm. I think that was damage sustained in a jump. (landed twisted all wrong)

I will be tearing into it and doing some needed maintenance. I'm gonna back to the 'stunts/heavy' bashing.

Here's my question to you guys: What would you do with it?

Hey all,

I was going thru some of my r/c's, and I located one of my first Arrma cars. I remember 'using' it a couple of times, then threw it on the back burner, and literally forgot about it. I think the reason I purchased it, was for bashing and jumping stupidly off of ramps. If memory serves me correctly, I don't think I got any higher than a foot and a 1/2. LOL

Now, its almost 2 years later and I'm thinking I wanna do something to it. It's 100% bone stock. I did replace 2 rear shocks, and a front passenger A arm. I think that was damage sustained in a jump. (landed twisted all wrong)

I will be tearing into it and doing some needed maintenance. I'm gonna back to the 'stunts/heavy' bashing.

Here's my question to you guys: What would you do with it?
Beat it to a pulp and fix/upgrade as ya go

If you find any more you forgot about, send them to me and I'll do it for ya !!!!

!
car crash GIF

Outside of replacing the servo with a real one the rest of the truck is pretty sound. If you're sending it a 3DRC wing mount is worth its weight in gold. My final recommendation, drive it.

The Outcast 6s is the best skatepark truck I've ever crossed paths with, you'll like it.

Run it and fix as you break things. I love mine but definitely need a LongerWB rig to balance out the bashing experience.

Servo
Chassis (although the swb ones are harder to bend)
Shocks (M2C kits)
Hub extenders help keep it planted (M2C)
@3d-rc.myshopify.com wing mount and front bumper spring
Start swapping out parts you break with exb or m2c etc..
Re-inforce the body
Oh..I've removed the sway bars on almost all my rigs and have noticed zero difference fwiw

Thx guys for all advice. I was given probably about a dozen or so 3drc parts, so they will be put to use. Servo will be getting replaced for sure. I'm diggin the hub extender, since I have other r/c's with extenders on them as well. I was thinking of putting a mmx8s and a 1650kv in it. Though, I don't know if that motor will fit.

Thx guys for all advice. I was given probably about a dozen or so 3drc parts, so they will be put to use. Servo will be getting replaced for sure. I'm diggin the hub extender, since I have other r/c's with extenders on them as well. I was thinking of putting a mmx8s and a 1650kv in it. Though, I don't know if that motor will fit.
The castle 1717 1650kv fits

Totally fits bud!

What do you guys think of AGFRC? I'm thinking of ordering the 55kg servo.
I have one. So far so good. Heard nothing but good things about them.

I ordered a Savox, a while back. Heard good things about them, until I installed it. Boy I was very surprised. It was very LOUD. Not my thing at all. I will never get Savox again. Very disappointed in it.

I ordered a Savox, a while back. Heard good things about them, until I installed it. Boy I was very surprised. It was very LOUD. Not my thing at all. I will never get Savox again. Very disappointed in it.
I like the powerhobby servos… afg’s.. and although I haven’t tried them personally, but a lot of good things I’m hearing about perfect pass

I like the powerhobby servos… afg’s.. and although I haven’t tried them personally, but a lot of good things I’m hearing about perfect pass
I think they are the same, just re-branded...ha something you didn't know 🤣

IMHO, the PowerHobby servo's are decent. Although, it does matter what you put it in. With my K6, I have found that it is not enough. For my style of driving. I have multiple Reefs 500 servo's, and so far they are taking whatever I've been throwing at them. I'm looking forward to the AGF's. In the past, my goto servo was the HobbyStar HBW-4724HV. I had it in multiple rc's. Such as my Infraction and Typhon. But, as soon as I went to the bigger tires, bigger rc, it became less effective. Plus, this servo is very easy on the wallet. LOL

IMHO, the PowerHobby servo's are decent. Although, it does matter what you put it in. With my K6, I have found that it is not enough. For my style of driving. I have multiple Reefs 500 servo's, and so far they are taking whatever I've been throwing at them. I'm looking forward to the AGF's. In the past, my goto servo was the HobbyStar HBW-4724HV. I had it in multiple rc's. Such as my Infraction and Typhon. But, as soon as I went to the bigger tires, bigger rc, it became less effective. Plus, this servo is very easy on the wallet. LOL

Ahhh, I knew I was forgetting one… the reefs servos are badass. 😎

Well I guess I'm starting to lose my marbles. I thought that I ordered a mmx8s w/ a 1717 1650kv motor a while back. But when I opened it, just now, I realized that the motor is a 1520 1650kv. Yesterday I ordered the same esc, and the motor is the 1717 1650kv. So, I got the motor coming for the OC. Question now? What the heck do I do with this mini version of the 1717?

Bzzzz Bzzzz Bzzzz all my Savox servos sit there and buzz.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back