Mojave T-Bone Racing Fenders Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave EXB
I started installing the T-Bone front fenders on my Mojave and I'm running into the front brace for the fenders is hitting my servo nut. Does anyone have any tricks they have used to get them mounted on their Mojave?

T bone stuff is not always spot on, rarely a direct fit with much of their stuff. Which I have so much of. You will probably have to trim the mud guard to clear the screw/nut.
No way around it but to trim the Mud guard as needed.
The one reason I went with the Scorched RC Mojave option. Perfect fit. No dirt entry at all front to rear. Fine dust if anything. Many felt the TB option was minimal at best, functionally speaking. 🤷‍♂️

T bone stuff is not always spot in, rarely a direct fit with much of their stuff. Which I have. You will probably have to trim the mud guard to clear the screw/nut.
No way around it but to trim the Mud guard as needed.
The one reason I went with the Scorched RC Mojave option. Perfect fit. No dirt entry at all front to rear. Fine dust if anything. Many felt the TB option was minimal at best, functionally speaking. 🤷‍♂️

Thank you again! Based on that Im going to try and return the T-Bone fenders and move onto the Scorched inner fenders.

If you are trying to keep your chassis clean, you could try a Dusty Motors cover. I installed one on my Mojave EXB and then tested it out in some wet grass. It kept dirt and debris out very well. Super easy to install as well.

@Arin, Good man. 👍
Others may chime in and feel differently. IDK.
Just that there was a thread where there was one TB user was pissed off that the Mudguards were not effective at all.
And having a Mojave, I can attest that The Tbone option obviously would do little in regards. I see how dirt enters on this closed wheel body.
Scorched RC does it best. Just that it is an overseas order still I believe. But worth the slow boat wait. Depends where you are. A bit more $$. But solves the issue best.

BTW I despise chassis covers. Have several. Got them from Tbone also. Dusty Motors brand Covers, been there. They suck.(n) Just me.
Another topic ...... all the crap piles on top. A closed wheel body will collect even more crap/ debris /dirt.. Overheating etc. its still a nasty mess to deal with. Batteries and all.... the velcro BS etc. And the nylon material catches on fire if a lipo spark touches it. Quickly combustible/ flash fire and melts. Ask me how I know?

Last edited:
I started installing the T-Bone front fenders on my Mojave and I'm running into the front brace for the fenders is hitting my servo nut. Does anyone have any tricks they have used to get them mounted on their Mojave?
Easy fix. You're supposed to flip the bolt and nut. No cutting or modification needed.
20210218_200916.jpg

If you are trying to keep your chassis clean, you could try a Dusty Motors cover. I installed one on my Mojave EXB and then tested it out in some wet grass. It kept dirt and debris out very well. Super easy to install as well.
I was worried about heat with the Dusty Motors cover.

I personnally haven't had heat issues, but I am running a max6/1650 combo with 20t pinion on 6s. It seems to let air in at the feont whete the zipper comes together.
@Arin, Good man. 👍
Just that there was a thread where there was one TB user was pissed off that the Mudguards were not effective at all.
And having a Mojave, I can attest that The Tbone option obviously would do little in regards. I see how dirt enters on this closed wheel body.
Scorched RC does it best. Just that it is an overseas order still I believe. But worth the slow boat wait. Depends where you are. A bit more $$. But solves the issue best.

BTW I despise chassis covers. Have several. Got them from Tbone also. Dusty Motors brand Covers, been there. They suck.(n) Just me.
Another topic ...... all the crap piles on top. A closed wheel body will collect even more crap/ debris /dirt.. Overheating etc. its still a nasty mess to deal with. Batteries and all.... the velcro BS etc. And the nylon material catches on fire if a lipo spark touches it. Quickly combustible/ flash fire and melts. Ask me how I know?
You talked me into. I just orderd the Scorched RC fenders to give them a try.

Last edited:
@Arin, Good man. 👍

Don't need to ask, I have the scorched fenders and yeah they cost some money but they do the trick just about as good as anything. I considered a chassis cover.....haven't seen the need yet after putting in the scorched fenders....

To each their own....at least we have options.....if you find what works for you.....

Keep it fun and SEND IT
Easy fix. You're supposed to flip the bolt and nut. No cutting or modification needed. View attachment 127369
Good idea!
No offence but that they suck? 🤷‍♂️ Worst cs ever. They never have stuff in stock and won't answer you if they ever will have it again. And their bumpers just shatter like glass at least in my experience.
Sorry......yep.....same happened to me.....sent several emails......they never responded.....

I decide where my money goes, and I appreciate a company that communicates with the customer....I did receive some merchandise from them, but until I hear back from them, they don't need any more money from me......

I'm just weird that way
If that works for you.....that's perfect......keep it fun.

Careful about heat , it can be a problem for some.... hopefully not for you......(btw....I live in the Southern United States with heat and humidity in the summer, so having good air flow through the rig as much as possible alleviates most of the concern for me, Plus the aftermarket fan on the motor...

Last edited:
No offence but that they suck? 🤷‍♂️ Worst cs ever. They never have stuff in stock and won't answer you if they ever will have it again. And their bumpers just shatter like glass at least in my experience.
^^^ This 👍 👍 I spent hundreds on their stuff. No more.

I just pulled the trigger on the scorched rc fenders as well. Hopefully the shipping doesn't take too long.

I just pulled the trigger on the scorched rc fenders as well. Hopefully the shipping doesn't take too long.
They are quite easy to install, just remember to do one of the following you can either take the velcro padding off of the body posts and or they have a little trick with heating a very very small nail or something similar like a tiny drill bit to elongate the body post pin holes so that you can still install the body clips because the fenders straddle the body posts and their thickness needs to be compensated for. I hope that makes sense. Also you really feel that it's only natural for the lip of the inside of the fender to sit on top of the side of the body. That would be a lovely thing, other than it does not work that way. The fenders butt up against the outside of the car body. If you have it on incorrectly the rear of the fender will not straddle the back body post. I hope some of this makes sense some good folks on this forum helped me overcoming a frustrating situation if you need help figuring it out just reach out and we can help you with it. More than likely you will get it right the first time

You're probably better off using your wife / girlfriend's thong as a dust / chassis protector than the tbone mud guards.

Wait they have customer service? The only time I have talked to anyone from T-Bone is when they had a rep on here for like a week..............Yup every time I want or need something from them it is out of stock, pretty sure I have it set to email me for like different vehicles over the past year and not a peep out of T-Bone as far as stock goes....................
The only bumpers of theirs I can't seem to break are the bumpers for minis, thank goodness as they have been out of stock for ever.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back