Talion Talion EXB or Traxxas XRT??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freedomcrawler

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion EXB
I know this is somewhat biased as this is an Arrma forum but I’d like to stick with this style vehicle.

Anyone have both the XRT and the Talion? I had a stretched Talion (on Mojave Chassis) that I parted ways with and really enjoyed however I wanted to move to the XRT.

Is it worth it though? I already have batteries but I found a beefed up Talion EXB and I’m second guessing getting an XRT and just going for the Talion.

I usually find space to run either and don’t want to send either “to the moon”. Just want to hit dirt hill jumps and send them around grass or dirt parks. Not skateparks.

Thanks in advance.

I don't own either, but admire both. The xrt will surely glide over tall grass and rough terrain easier. Talion should provide superior handling. Each is pretty durable. Tire expenses can add up quickly with 8s rigs. I like the 6s due to the fact that it doesn't need as much room to "stretch it's legs". Good luck😁

I appreciate it. I may just pull the trigger on both…. Not the answer my wife wants.
I would vote both but not if it means keeping stock xrt electronics. I'm bias though and stock electronics might as well be ebola on a stick to me. Might be okay for you if you are more casual and don't care.

I really like my stock motor/max6 Xmaxx, and I really like my XRT so I think a max6 in an XRT with the stock motor would definitely be an awesome set up. Wish I would have tried it before I jumped to a max5/1100.
My Xmaxx with max6/1200XL runs great. I wouldn't "buy" another Vilenion at retail however.. even JRC price is too much IMO.

I have both. I'll be honest, I've all but stopped using my Arrma's since getting the XRT.

Saying that, I spent the afternoon putting together the Talion and took it out for the first time in 4/5 months and I had forgotten how good it is. The handling is on another level and it is so planted. I'm going to give it more love I think.

If it were my money I would buy an XRT and spend the money for a Talion on a max5/1100kv, mod 1.5 gears, motor mount, decent servo, Vitavon bell crank, outdrive cups and a set of 8S backflips and you have one of the most fun RC cars going IMO.

Can't really compare. The Talion needs a lot less space. Really fun car. XRT costs alot when you tune a bit. Stock ESC and motor are fine with stock tires. Other tires with higher knobs and more grip you'll need a Hobbywing 1100KV. Max6 ESC is OK if you don't go heavy on gearing. You need lots of space for the XRT. Stock tires on both cars are very limited in their application. Both cars are nice to control when jumping.

If I could only have one car it would be Talion, XRT and Mojave. Or XRT, Mojave and Talion. Or Mojave, Talion and XRT. :unsure: ...... Good luck deciding.... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tbh my Talion costs more to keep running than the XRT, once you exclude batteries from the equation
I believe it, key word though is "yours".. if left stock, neither really needs much anything besides consumables. While I don't own either of these 2 specifically, I do have both an Arrma 6s and TRX 8s, Arrma's drivetrain holds up better/longer in my experience.

I believe it, key word though is "yours".. if left stock, neither really needs much anything besides consumables. While I don't own either of these 2 specifically, I do have both an Arrma 6s and TRX 8s, Arrma's drivetrain holds up better/longer in my experience.
FYI my Talion is completely stock other than EXB chassis/centre brace.

Other way round for me. When left standard (or how my X-maxx now is) the driveline is pretty bulletproof once you've replaced the spur/pinion. My Arrma's are constantly going through diff parts. It's actually why I shelved them as my XRT 9 times out of 10 comes back running, whereas my Arrma's it's 1 in 10.

Hoping the EXB diffs and shims I've ordered give me a bit more play time!

FYI my Talion is completely stock other than EXB chassis/centre brace.

Other way round for me. When left standard (or how my X-maxx now is) the driveline is pretty bulletproof once you've replaced the spur/pinion. My Arrma's are constantly going through diff parts. It's actually why I shelved them as my XRT 9 times out of 10 comes back running, whereas my Arrma's it's 1 in 10.

Hoping the EXB diffs and shims I've ordered give me a bit more play time!
Fair enough✌
Just goes to show how differently we all use our stuff I guess.
I'm not complaining of the TRX 8s drivetrain since it hasn't given me any trouble, just that the diff cups do wear more quickly than what I see in my 6s Arrma's.
I'm still rocking original pinion/spur gears on my Xmaxx. I think the pin system TRX uses for the motor mount combined with the amount of flex in the chassis causes the gear failures..🤷‍♂️
Also, I rarely break either, I'd say 9.9 out of 10 bashes they're still going strong. Yeah, I'm "light duty" as a basher I guess 😉🤣🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back