Tesla Cybertruck // Everything we want to know

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be CAREFUL what you ask for...

Because for such a feature/system to work properly, it'll need to have Very Accurate GPS per vehicle ..ie, it needs to know exactly where you're going..
Not just your vehicle but Everyone's vehicle.. in case you swap cars or what not..

I certainly Don't want my vehicles to randomly or 'accidentally' get "Fenced in" (remotely by some corporation or agency) because of a glitch, system update, or mistaken identity..
Then have to pay a fee to "get Unfenced" or
go to court to prove it wasn't my vehicle.
don't forget the slippery slope of being told where you can or can't drive, emergencies be damned. It's a very fine line between couldn't, shouldn't, and wouldn't. And yes, I know im reaching here. I can share one such story, rc related too, that applies.

Last edited:
That's some tough glass..!!

Most of those throws are weak as hell. It's obvious just watching them that they are holding back.
No matter, who really cares about the toughness of the glass? I wanna know how tough is the truck? How much weight can I load in the box? How much weight can it haul? What's the stopping power while hauling max weight?
So far, I've seen just about everything this truck can do EXCEPT what a pickup truck is meant to do. I even want to know if there are lockable hard tonneau cover or cap options. These are the things I' haven't seen so far. Except for the clip of it racing a Porsche while towing a Porsche. Sure its nice and dramatic but hardly practical. Unless some idiot is trying to cut ahead of me in the Home Depot loading bay........

Most of those throws are weak as hell. It's obvious just watching them that they are holding back.
No matter, who really cares about the toughness of the glass? I wanna know how tough is the truck? How much weight can I load in the box? How much weight can it haul? What's the stopping power while hauling max weight?
So far, I've seen just about everything this truck can do EXCEPT what a pickup truck is meant to do. I even want to know if there are lockable hard tonneau cover or cap options. These are the things I' haven't seen so far. Except for the clip of it racing a Porsche while towing a Porsche. Sure its nice and dramatic but hardly practical. Unless some idiot is trying to cut ahead of me in the Home Depot loading bay........

Long story short is there is lot of BS marketing (yeah I know that's redundant) around it's capabilities.

Long story short is there is lot of BS marketing (yeah I know that's redundant) around it's capabilities.

I knew that video was sketchy. I just assumed the truck wasn't stock and things were done to ensure it won. Sort of like how we rip out and chuck the Spektrum electronics to throw a TP and XLX2 in a speed runner Limitless. Surprised Porsche hasn't sued or responded to those image damaging claims.
But that's part of Musk's genius. Make some bold claims while working feverishly behind the scenes to make those claims a reality. Its almost like putting the horse before the cart, but it works for him and brings the investors into the fold. I have no doubt that possibly one day there will be a semi truck capable of racing a Porsche while towing a trailer with 10 Porsches and winning.

Surprised Porsche hasn't sued or responded to those image damaging claims.

Sue them for what? Tesla didn't really layout the spec's of the race, this guy just figured it out, with some assumptions. They could have given the CT a head start like in bracket racing. In that case I could use a '79 Ford Fairmont and still win.

Went to Academy Outdoors to peek at some pew pews..
came out and saw this parked next to me..

IMG_20240331_152319554.jpg

IMG_20240331_152332286.jpg

IMG_20240331_152346449.jpg

IMG_20240331_152339587.jpg

IMG_20240331_152445062.jpg

IMG_20240331_152354834.jpg

IMG_20240331_152422846.jpg

Not as big as folks make it out to be when standing next to it..
At least Not here in cow town.

So are you down for one or did you run away screaming?

I am Not down for one...
Especially after seeing all the damn finger prints ALL over the vehicle!
It's basically just like a stainless steel frig walking, waiting for Every kid to put their paws on it.

Along with the Lame mileage IF I actually need to haul something in it with the auto bed cover rolled into the bed ,killing its aero.

For a truck that costs $80-100K..!!

No Thanks.

Maybe I can move my wife's fridge magnet collection to the Cybertruck?

This will probably give the aero engineers at Tesla a heart attack..

1711929323524.png

Low grade stainless to keep the price down that would explain the rust issue?

I drive by the Local Tesla repair center on the way to work. Lot is packed, with at least 3-4 cyber trucks in the mix currently.

Still waiting for the next big jump in tech. Battery range and self driving needs to be improved for me to buy in. Also screw subscription based gps and self driving, Google maps is free.

Low grade stainless to keep the price down that would explain the rust issue?

I drive by the Local Tesla repair center on the way to work. Lot is packed, with at least 3-4 cyber trucks in the mix currently.

Still waiting for the next big jump in tech. Battery range and self driving needs to be improved for me to buy in. Also screw subscription based gps and self driving, Google maps is free.

I will pay to get rid of the nannies so I can drive the car the way I want to drive it. Is that a subscription option?

Back